News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hevi 6s---What is excellent density?

Started by K9-Doc, April 21, 2011, 12:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfair

Quote from: dpittman on April 21, 2011, 11:17:40 AM
I draw after the shot so my counts are real then I adjust sights if needed. I shoot a scope on mine and I find since my POA is exactly the same shot to shot that I do not have alot af impact change when changing chokes and loads. When shooting sights and beads at 40 yards with tight shooting loads it is hard for shot to shot POA consistency and may be why people see there pattern cores "float around".

I shoot a scope also and have it adjusted for the 6's through my gun.  What I meant is, even then the extra 10-20 pellets could be obtained up, down, left or right.   I just like to know what is in the center where I will be aiming when hunting.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I see your point, but I hope you see mine when your testing your gun for a choke or load beforehand. 

dpittman

I also shim my barrel to my reciever to further enhance shot to shot consistency. If it wowks for slugs why not tight shooting turkey loads. With a PG670 and H13 6 or 7 my POI is exactly the same every time and the center of the pattern is very easy to see.

jfair

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 21, 2011, 11:31:22 AM
I see your point, but I hope you see mine when your testing your gun for a choke or load beforehand.  

Yes, these are two different times in shooting.  Once sighted in I will shoot at least 180 with 6's. Could get 200 maybe more once in a while.  I count on 180 at 40 to kill for me.  When I said I could move the circle, it would only be an inch one way or the other.  I don't think at 40 yards you can count on the max count being dead center everytime, even with a scope.

Extremesolo

I have a stoeger M2000 that with an SSX and a 3" 2 oz H-13 #6 will do 196 in 10" at 40.  That was the best load I shot out of it.  I have several boxes of 3" 6's and 7's but have never even tried a 7 in it since the 6's shot so well.

mudhen

Quote from: Reloader on April 21, 2011, 10:59:06 AM
175-210 is good and will give you a 50yd thumper.  220s are great.  Anything 225+ with factory #6s is awesome.

Eggzactly  ;D

200 and knowing your POI, and you have yourself a 0-50 yard set-up...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

3" 870 Shell Shucker

With the 3" 2 ounce Hevi13 #6 shell, I'd say 180 and up is good.

I consistently get 155 to 159 with the current 1.75 ounce "bronze" shells.