turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

bushnell trs-25 question/problem

Started by mbarnes122578, April 09, 2018, 11:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbarnes122578

I just received my bushnell trs-25.  When I look through it, it looks like a red mess, no round shape, just a blob of red flare, I can't even determine exactly what is the dot and what is flare.  Does not matter if I am inside or outside or what intensity it is set at.  Funny thing is, when i put my phone up to it to take a picture, the red dot appears like a dot and looks pretty good.  I just had my eyes examined and was told they are good.  Anyone else experience this?  Any possible solutions?

saverx

Try turning it down some. Look thru the optic while turning it. If the flare shape doesn't turn, it is your eyes.

daddyduke

Make sure you didn't mount it backwards. I mounted a red dot on a crossbow one time exactly the way instructions said. Dot looked horribly fussy. Picture in manual was backwards! Turned it around and good to go.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

mbarnes122578

Now that I have had a day to look through my new trs-25, the dot's shape is much better.  I had never used a red dot before and I think my eyes just needed to get used to it.  I found that when I stopped trying to focus on the dot but instead concentrated on the target, the dot actually looked like a dot instead of a red mess. Anyone else experience anything like this?  Thanks for the replies

howl

That's how you're supposed to do it. Look at the target and let the dot come over where you are looking to hit.