Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Big weekend.

Started by derek, April 13, 2018, 04:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derek

Looks like we should have more guys starting to hit the woods very soon with Nc, Va and De starting tomorrow and Wv and Mo beginning Monday.  Good luck to all, be safe!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

Doug Lewis

Can't wait to see what you fellas post up.

derek

Slow start to the morning. I scouted Thursday and found 5/6 birds on a publoc tract in Delaware that had whooped my tail 2 consecutive seasons a few years back and hadnt drawn it since. 2 or 3 of those really seemed to be running the show and would be my target audience. Gobble time comes... nothing to be heard under the howl of the wind. Covered some ground looking to no avail. Moved my truck to other side of the road and went in there around 1045 or so. Finally at about 1130 I heard my first gobble of the day. Had this pair of longbeards at 70/80 strutting in a section of private hardwoods inching towards me when I got the wing flip and walk off. After 15 minutes I got them to answer again and they were way out,  so I figured I needed to beat feet around in front of them. Ran back to the truck and went back to where I was originally parked and cut in. Slipping through the pines almost where I wanted to be I catch a hen 35yds ahead of me, I ease down into position without her noticing me and let out a yelp. He hammers back on the other side of her. She starts my way and another hen comes marching out of nowhere. Both hens are at 15yds when I see 2 redheads coming behind them. The bigger hen chases the little one which gives me enough distraction to get my gun on the gobbler. Once he clears a tree,  took the strutter down, 35 yds at 12:31

Heavy bird. Should give a little upgrade.  Whitelightning's got one down in virginny too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com