turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

best 2 3/4 turkey load?

Started by adkmountainken, March 22, 2018, 08:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adkmountainken

I will be using a Rem 1100 with a full coke barrel for some of the up coming season. what ammunition would you recommend?

owlhoot

For lead loads long beard 5's and rooster xr 6's

stinkpickle

Agreed.  I would start with Rooster XR #6s.

Izzyjoe

I'd try some Win. Longbeard 2.75, which I believe is the same as the Rooster XR.

owlhoot

Pretty much but believe rooster xr comes in 6's also and 15 rounds to the box. At least it used to?

BandedSpur

A handloaded shell with 2 oz of TSS 9s.

coonhunter

I've shot the federal vital shock #6 copper plated with the flight control wad.  They shoot really well out of my Browning A5 with a 30" full. 
Joshua 24:15

daddyduke

Federal Hi-Brass 5 or 6 shot. Which ever patterns best.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

HookedonHooks

2 3/4" Activ Penetrators if you can find them.

MossRem

Gobble!

Quote from: BandedSpur on March 23, 2018, 07:52:09 AM
A handloaded shell with 2 oz of TSS 9s.

That would be the best. Best you could buy off a self tomorrow would be Winchester Rooster 6s.

Mossy12GA

For me Kent 2 3/4", 1 5/8oz., #5's or #6's, back when I started this load was a called 2 3/4" Magnum if I'm not mistaken.
Mossberg shooter since 1968

SumToy

we shot some of the Winchester Roster and they did good. I was surprised
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA