OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Angle tip

Started by howl, April 08, 2018, 10:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

howl

Who, other than Dangerfield, currently produces suction yelpers with an angled mouthpiece?

boatpaddle

Quote from: howl on April 08, 2018, 10:14:17 AM
Who, other than Dangerfield, currently produces suction yelpers with an angled mouthpiece?
Frank Cox & Zach Farmer....

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

callmakerman

And if you have a trumpet by Billy Buice with the push in MP buy a few extras and you can make your own from one of his.

paboxcall

Permar does an angled tip.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

mspaci

I have a Billy Mcallister

merriamsman

Billy Buice has what he calls a 'flat' mouthpiece - it's beveled on two sides. Not sure if that is that same as 'angled'.

gergg

Seems like it would be easy to sand in an angle on any mouthpiece.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

chefrific

First angled tip I tried was a Cox trumpet.  Took a little getting used to, but I like it.  One thing I like is by changing the angle of the call as it rests on my lips with the angled tip, I can make subtle changes in tone and pitch.  It just gives a little more depth and range to the trumpet for me.  Sure, changing the angle of a straight tip does the same, but with the angled tip, it seems to be a little smoother in control.
Another thing I like about the angled tip is that I can get to my "sweet spot" position faster.  I know by feel immediately. 

2nd 100

I Just acquired a Matt McClain angled notched MP trumpet. I bought it 2nd hand but it looks all Matt. Runs like a charm . i am sure gona have another made like this in the future.