OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Anyone else?  (Read 2940 times)

Offline perrytrails

• Longbeard
Anyone else?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2018, 01:21:42 AM »
I’ve noticed this myself. It’s the same with mouth calls.

Just need rehearsal before you hit the stage I guess …
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 07:56:16 PM by perrytrails »

Online mspaci

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Anyone else?
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2018, 08:23:38 AM »
opposite for me, good when I start, then lips get a bit numb & not as good

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2018, 07:19:11 AM »
I may have learned something this morning.It was 5:30 a.m. and I decided to play with some trumpets and wingbones because I struggle more in the morning. I found that a number 2 mouthpiece in my Buice was easier for me to find the sweet spot and keep playing than the larger hole diameter which I generally like the sound of better later in the day. I sounded good with the other calls when I got the note to come through, but I had some pauses where I wasn’t getting the sound to come out and some light chirps where I didn’t get it right. I don’t feel these little hiccups would alarm a bird but it ticks you off when you are trying to be seductive with your calling and mess up. Smaller hole diameter may be something to try on early mornings it seemed easier for me anyway. My other calls would definitely work also but it just seemed smoother with smaller one.

Offline larry9988

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2018, 09:43:23 AM »
There was one morning this season that I could not make a sound with my trumpet. Most mornings I do struggle for the first few calls of the hunt but it usually gets better as I call. I carry a water bottle with me and drinking a little water seems to help, helps with rasp too. I think it has something to do with hydration and tightness of your lips first thing in the morning. I have a friend that swears by Biotene first thing in the morning before he uses his trumpet. I always have a slate call for purring, so I can always fall back on that.

Offline ltprod

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2018, 11:43:57 PM »
Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Scpossum

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2018, 08:12:31 PM »
Chapstick

Offline Bowhuntr73

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • "Conflict is the only Solution"
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2018, 10:44:51 PM »
Having a snuff in creates problems with sound. So when I’m using trumpets in morning I try to stay dip free, probably a good thing! Sucking in makes with snuff is never a good thing!! I think it dries my mouth from the spitting so much.