OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: I'm Ruined! Another Custom Call!  (Read 3753 times)

Offline Sx4

I'm Ruined! Another Custom Call!
« on: April 07, 2018, 07:10:19 PM »
Custom= made or done to order for a particular customer.

John Sinclair Custom Calls has taken this meaning above and beyond. Hand turning then letting the customer pick the pot, surface and soundboard. It's been great seems every Sunday the CYT section would get new pots and you go pick which one has the best figure or the wood you have always wondered about. Pick your surface/soundboard and then wait for the call to arrive. That's custom and a ton of fun!

This call below though takes custom to the next level. I bought some calls from John and everything I received sounded amazing. The fit/finish always perfect. One day I emailed John and I told him I had a thought about a 3.25 Cocobolo Titanium call. I told him I liked Cocobolo with lots of contrast and I also loved sapwood. I was just mentioning things I like. A week or so went by and through some channels I saw John picked up a new piece of wood with me in mind. A couple days past and John asked if I was still interested in that 3.25 titanium. Thankfully I said heck yes! Today I received the most beautiful pot call I have ever seen. John surpassed all of my expectations and has now ruined me for life. This call sounds as good as it looks and will definitely be a call that is hard to beat. The call is Mexican Cocobolo Crotchwood with Sapwood 3.25 Titanium/Slate!

Offline doublespurs21

• Paintbrush Beard
Re: I'm Ruined! Another Custom Call!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 07:23:58 PM »
love the grain pattern of that coco bolo,,  very nice call,,,,,,,,,,

Offline chuckward

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 07:37:11 PM »
Sharp lookin pot!

Offline jordanz7935

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 07:42:54 PM »
Beautiful call no doubt. You seem to be a big fan of his... 22 total posts, all pertaining to and pushing his pot calls? The things that make you go hmmmmm......

Offline Sx4

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 07:45:35 PM »
Beautiful call no doubt. You seem to be a big fan of his... 22 total posts, all pertaining to and pushing his pot calls? The things that make you go hmmmmm......

I honestly just joined this forum to research pot calls what to buy and what not. I found out of some research a guy that makes an amazing pot call. I am regular dude just like all of you! I work 9-5 40hrs a week and like my money to go to a great value.. A customer just trying help others see the light. That's it. Like you said though I am a huge fan of his.

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 07:50:21 PM »
             U MADE A GOOD CHOICE N POT CALLS
THAT ONE IS , NO Doubt, BEAUTIFUL PEICE OF ROSEWOOD
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline Sx4

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 07:53:38 PM »
             U MADE A GOOD CHOICE N POT CALLS
THAT ONE IS , NO Doubt, BEAUTIFUL PEICE OF ROSEWOOD

Not only a good choice because of fit and finish! John is one of the nicest guys you could talk to and do business with.

Offline jordanz7935

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 08:03:26 PM »
See the light? Well im just here to let you know ive got my sunglasses on.   

Offline JLH

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 08:26:24 PM »
Man!

That's taking it to a whole new level there!

I'd be happy with just that piece of wood...let alone the whole call.

Stunning. A true one of a kind.

Offline jordanz7935

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2018, 08:46:37 PM »

I honestly just joined this forum to research pot calls what to buy and what not. I found out of some research a guy that makes an amazing pot call. I am regular dude just like all of you! I work 9-5 40hrs a week and like my money to go to a great value.. A customer just trying help others see the light. That's it. Like you said though I am a huge fan of his.
Sorry for the late reply to your edited response, i had put my rubber boots on but after reading some more i had to go outside and put my waders on. Its a lot deeper than i thought in here!! And JLH, your right hes taking it to a whole new level!Thanks for the entertainment fellas! Now carry on with your new found love affair.

Offline Sx4

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 08:57:04 PM »
Man!

That's taking it to a whole new level there!

I'd be happy with just that piece of wood...let alone the whole call.

Stunning. A true one of a kind.

Yes the call turned out very nice! That 3.25 Titanium sounds amazing too. Titanium was a perfect match for such an amazing piece of wood!

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2018, 09:09:52 PM »

Agreed! Him and another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2018, 09:30:32 PM »

Agreed! Him and another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2018, 09:49:34 PM »
Simply gorgeous, your a lucky man.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Sx4

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2018, 10:03:04 PM »
Simply gorgeous, your a lucky man.

Thanks for the compliment! I do feel lucky to have not only received this call but to have found a call maker as awesome as John! The CYT section is so addicting and fun! No wait time no money order  I can pay online and I just get a turkey call that sounds awesome!