News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Two Decoys Versus One Decoy?

Started by model94, April 07, 2018, 09:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

g8rvet

Quote from: silvestris on April 07, 2018, 09:35:51 PM
Charles L. Jordan didn't use decoys and neither do I.  Nothing repulses me more than seeing a video with a gobbler running to a decoy.  I pity those who refuse to learn the gamek as taught by Jordan.  Instant gratification seems to be required by most of the current "hunter".
Then why don't you stay off posts about decoys and worry about yourself instead of judging others?  Just curious why your type feels the need to post where their opinion is not asked.  If he had asked "should I use decoys" then it would make sense.  he did not. 

I have no advice or opinion about 1 or 2 decoys, so I just don't post.  Easy enough. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

silvestris

Quote from: g8rvet on April 13, 2018, 12:19:53 PM
Charles L. Jordan didn't use decoys and neither do I.  Nothing repulses me more than seeing a video with a gobbler running to a decoy.  I pity those who refuse to learn the gamek as taught by Jordan.  Instant gratification seems to be required by most of the current "hunter".
Then why don't you stay off posts about decoys and worry about yourself instead of judging others?  Just curious why your type feels the need to post where their opinion is not asked.  If he had asked "should I use decoys" then it would make sense.  he did not. 

I have no advice or opinion about 1 or 2 decoys, so I just don't post.  Easy enough.

Well, excuse me.  I will attempt to gratify you in the future, but it will will be difficult.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

g8rvet

Quote from: silvestris on April 13, 2018, 01:02:19 PM
Quote from: g8rvet on April 13, 2018, 12:19:53 PM

Well, excuse me.  I will attempt to gratify you in the future, but it will will be difficult.

Thanks.  Have a great season. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Sir-diealot

I have an alert hen and a feeding hen, I was told that is a good combination because in the wild one is always watching while others eat so it will look more natural. Did not know that when I bought them but who knows, maybe it will work.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

model94

Thanks.again for.all your replies.

Don.

Harty

I prefer not to use decoys in the woods. Terrain and late season vegetation often permits this. Early season in Wisconsin with an open woods and flat terrain I feel obligated to use a decoy. That Tom can see a long way and is looking for hen confirmation