News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Missouri public land ????????????

Started by Mossyoak09, April 06, 2018, 12:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJennings573

maddog3355

If I was needing a place to turkey hunt I would look at Fort Wood army base. I know a guy that gets his 2 birds in there every year. The way he talks it is aggravating the way they open and close certain areas but it must keep the pressure off of them. He said they gobble and work good to the call.

Mossyoak09

I've been looking at Ft Lenoard Wood. May end up where I go I'm stuck between staying in Rolla and hunting Woodson and the Mark Twain or staying in St. Roberts and hunting FtLW and Mark Twain

sasquatch1

Quote from: Mossyoak09 on April 23, 2018, 09:39:35 AM
I've been looking at Ft Lenoard Wood. May end up where I go I'm stuck between staying in Rolla and hunting Woodson and the Mark Twain or staying in St. Roberts and hunting FtLW and Mark Twain

gun has to be pre registered to hunt there I think, so if you haven't done that before count out the base

Mobeardhunter

It took about 4 days for them to register my guns this fall. Also you'll need to get a pass for access to the base, then buy a separate sportsmen's pass to hunt on post. Just a heads up

Mossyoak09

Well so much for that. Anyone know how the hunting is between Rolla and Fort Leonard wood on NF

dublelung

Quote from: Mossyoak09 on April 24, 2018, 04:08:10 AM
Well so much for that. Anyone know how the hunting is between Rolla and Fort Leonard wood on NF

Most people aren't going to publicly post how the hunting is on a particular NF, WMA, or Conservation Area. Missouri is known for plenty of turkeys and plenty of public land. Pick a spot and go hunting. A friend and I did that 3 years ago and we had a great hunt. Neither of us had ever stepped foot on the place. OnX Maps and Google Earth is your friend. If you don't like the place you choose the first day you've got from 1:00 till dark to go find somewhere else for the next day. Good luck.

maddog3355