News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First custom call

Started by Caspar, April 05, 2018, 10:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southern_leo

Quote from: Caspar on April 07, 2018, 01:32:56 PM
so i changed my mind a little bit.  i really loved the sounds of the strut zone anodized aluminum and stoned aluminum calls. so much that i cant decide between the two so im buying both.

so my question now is, i can afford one more call. id like something that doesnt sound like either of those. what woould you guys recommend

halloran CM, houndstooth ceramic, lonzo green slate, halloran green slate, strut zone green slate or obsession red zebra?
My advise would be try to get different surfaces before you buy duplicates so that way you know what you like. I think everyone needs a slate. My favorites are slate and glass surfaces. The green slate is nice, but it plays higher than grey slate. I like them both and encourage you to get both, but if you can only get 2-3 calls right now id make sure a grey slate is in that mix somewhere.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Caspar

thanks guys siuc, i hear the sinclairs are good. ill definitely try one at some point

thanks southern,  i agree about having a slate. i have a grey slate that ive been using for years and like it.  its not custom but sounds darn good for a cheap mass produced call. ive called and taken numerous birds with it. thats why i didnt add a grey slate to the list. i will get another grey slate soon (probably a lonnie sneed) but as you said id like to have a couple different call surfaces first