OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Time to upgrade. Seeking opinions

Started by land cruiser, April 05, 2018, 07:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

land cruiser

I've been lugging around Xtrema2 for 7-8 years want to lighten up a bit. So far the following items made it on the wish list:

Semi-auto
20ga
21-24" barrel
Pistol grip
Ability to mount a red dot

Would love to be fit under $3K all in (including the sight). What are my options? Thanks a ton!

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

nyhunter

dirt road ninja

DrDirtNap

Weatherby SA-459

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

land cruiser

Quote from: taylorjones20 on April 05, 2018, 07:44:40 PM
I love my M2!

Thinking about M2, didn't see a pistol grip other then on PS edition and I don't care to get one in bottom land camo or with burris FFII. Have not seen them with RT camo, am I looking over something?

Weatherby looks pretty nice actually, how's the balance? Reliability? I don't like buying things twice, hence the ask:) Thanks guys!

Meatseeker

I just did a bunch of searching to find exactly what you are looking for.  What I found is that the only 20 gauge semi-auto that comes with a pistol grip is the Weatherby sa459.  I couldn't find one anywhere to look at and I was unsure about a Turkish made shotgun.

I also have always been a Benelli fan so I went for the Benelli M2 with 24" barrel.  It comes drilled and tapped. I added a picatinny rail, and Vortex Venom reflex sight, and a Trulock HW#7 choke.  I'm at $1600.  Unfortunately,  Benelli doesn't offer a pistol grip for the 20 gauge.  But I'm very happy with this set p!

land cruiser

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback! Did you gun come in camo or black? How recently have you spoken with them about pistol grip for the 20ga? Thank you.

Twodogs

Benelli does make a pistol grip 20 gage. It's the Performance Shop M2 Turkey Edition. Only $2,500...

grousec

g8rvet

Quote from: grousec on April 06, 2018, 10:09:37 AM
Weatherby sa459

I looked at a bunch and this has everything you are looking for.  You will need a better choke than what comes with it, but it sounds like Sumtoy or Trulock are guarantees in this gun.  I am 4 for 4 with it. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: DrDirtNap on April 05, 2018, 09:14:10 PM
Weatherby SA-459

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This exact setup within your criteria.

Meatseeker

Quote from: Twodogs on April 06, 2018, 09:13:40 AM
Benelli does make a pistol grip 20 gage. It's the Performance Shop M2 Turkey Edition. Only $2,500...

Unless they started building it in the last 4 weeks.  I just checked there website.  The only pistol grip model is for a 12 gauge.

Meatseeker

Quote from: land cruiser on April 05, 2018, 11:06:50 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback! Did you gun come in camo or black? How recently have you spoken with them about pistol grip for the 20ga? Thank you.

I got the 20 gauge, M2, with 24" barrel in Realtree APG.  I got it off of Gunbroker shipped to my FFL for $1350.

Ross R

I just got notification my sa-459 shipped  :blob10:  I was wanting to scale down to a 20 for myself and my 2 boys eventually from my SBE II.