OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Danish Oil

Started by southern_leo, March 31, 2018, 09:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southern_leo

Any of y'all ever tried danish oil as a finish? I've never used the stuff but saw on another forum (old thread) where a guy said he used it. Just curious about it, I know nothing at all about danish oil.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

doublespurs21

I have a pint of this stuff. on the back of the can ,it says,harden IN the wood not ON the wood.Is a unique blend of penetrating oil/ varnish that stains, seals protects in one easy step.

southern_leo

Quote from: doublespurs21 on March 31, 2018, 09:35:05 PM
I have a pint of this stuff. on the back of the can ,it says,harden IN the wood not ON the wood.Is a unique blend of penetrating oil/ varnish that stains, seals protects in one easy step.
Yeah I looked at the can at Lowe's. If it wasn't $10 id of bought some to try on scrap then determine if I'd want to see it on a pot. Curious more of its durability, but any visual change too. If you ever experiment with your can please share your results.

doublespurs21

it comes in a clear finish, so it really does not change the color of the wood. but ,if you want to add a different finish over the Danish oil, you have to wait 72 hours to spray, I don't like that part. I just try some on a bocote  strikers , the grain  pattern really looks nice, have to wait 8-10 hours,,,,,,,,,,,,  to dry..........

southern_leo

Quote from: doublespurs21 on April 01, 2018, 07:23:25 PM
it comes in a clear finish, so it really does not change the color of the wood. but ,if you want to add a different finish over the Danish oil, you have to wait 72 hours to spray, I don't like that part. I just try some on a bocote  strikers , the grain  pattern really looks nice, have to wait 8-10 hours,,,,,,,,,,,,  to dry..........
Wow that stinks. With wait times like that you might as well use spar