OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

First Trumpet!

Started by chbarnha, April 04, 2018, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chbarnha

I got my first trumpet today and must say I already am loving it. I had run a wingbone before and I operate this much the same. Do you guys run the trumpet in the middle of your mouth or to the corner of one side? I am having a hard time running it in the middle but find it pretty easy to run near the corner. THis is a Crawdad trumpet that I obtained in a trade, any idea what wood this is? I have no clue

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

chbarnha

ive wanted one for a while and when the offer came up I jumped on it

BluMtnGobbler

YOU GOT A GREAT CALL THERE CRAWDAD MAKES SOME GOOD TRUMPETS. I HAVE AN ADJUSTABLE ONE FROM HIM. HE IS A GREAT GUY TOO.
BRIAN

paboxcall

Quote from: chbarnha on April 04, 2018, 07:07:56 PM
I got my first trumpet today and must say I already am loving it. I had run a wingbone before and I operate this much the same. Do you guys run the trumpet in the middle of your mouth or to the corner of one side? I am having a hard time running it in the middle but find it pretty easy to run near the corner. THis is a Crawdad trumpet that I obtained in a trade, any idea what wood this is? I have no clue

I run my suction calls slightly off the center, I cannot stand the vibration when I try running one near the corner of my mouth.

Congrats on the excellent trumpet.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

chbarnha

I feel like I get more vibration closer to center than I do near the corners, and its weird have to run it on the left side, anything on the right feels like  my teeth gonna vibrate out.

davisd9

I run it center of my lips, but can run one to the side. I prefer center but do what works best for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Austy

Robert makes a fantastic trumpet that will serve you well.  Looking at the call I would say it is probably African Blackwood with either a black Delrin mouth piece or Black Buffalo Horn.

chbarnha

It's more of a charcoal color