OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: What to do with old ammo that will never get used?  (Read 4840 times)

Offline Longshanks

• Longbeard
Re: What to do with old ammo that will never get used?
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2018, 06:05:20 AM »
 That is what you call ambitious with respect to killing turkeys.  Will buy the Winchester 3” lead loads.

Offline longislandloco

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2018, 09:20:13 AM »
Generally I'll donate it to local hunting clubs, .22LR to Boy Scout's and other groups with a youth shooting program.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun"…..Old Moe

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2018, 09:41:04 AM »
Wow, there is a box of the Winchester Xtended Range 6s, would love to find a box or two of those.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline Deast1988

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2018, 12:52:31 PM »
Those Remington 3.5 #5 1 7/8 hevi Shot #5 I killed my first bird with those. Started the fever I have 2 left. Those out of my Nova and a Original .655 jelly head were bad news back when they were made. Those shells put hevi shot on the market. 1225fps folks told me to try the #6 but the time I was low nobody offered them anymore. Walmart sold them, wasn’t terribly priced but was stupid high compared to lead back then.