OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SBE-oldy but a goody

Started by yungbuck, April 04, 2018, 03:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yungbuck

anyone using a benelli super black eagle? older model but very reliable
i have had great luck with the 3 inch magnum blend but looking at the federal TSS #7's

anyone use a patternmaster code black on a SBE with good luck on other turkey loads? i know each gun combo is different but I was curious if people have good experiences with other non toxic loads
thanks

WildTigerTrout

Still using my SBE  I bought new in 2002. Advantage Timber camo and 24" barrel.  Also using the same Kick's GT .655 choke and have a good supply of Winchester's 3 1/2" Supreme High Velocity 2oz. #6 shot.  I have an old Leupold/Gilmore red dot sight on it.  I have killed more than enough gobblers with this combo to know that it works.  Which is why I never changed anything! I know the loads are old fashioned lead but they work great so why change. I did however break down recently and bought some Hevi-Shot Magnum Blends for my 20 ga. Nova. Good luck in your search.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Double R

I currently am shooting my trusty SBE1 28" advantage timber. I have recently dedicated it to turkey hunting only now. Steadygrip stock and a new Bushnell Trophy 1.75-4 circle X on it after reading great things from fellow members. It has been an ultra reliable killer since 2002 for me. I ran a kicks .660 with 3" #6 Win. HV Supremes until 2 years ago. Now it shoots 3" Magnum Blend Hevi  from my patternmaster code black turkey. I have killed 2 birds with this combo. It's throwing nice even hunting patterns although not quite as tight as the kicks. If I ever run out of Hevi I may try the TSS #9 loads. Hard to find info on the Net with the patternmaster/Benelli combo. Please post any the combo results in the future.  Good luck!

allaboutshooting

I have a 1991 SBE with only 2 numbers in the serial number and they are the year of my birth. It is a great gun. I have 24", 26" and 28" barrels. The 26" is the original. All like chokes in the .640 to .655 exit diameter for the most part. All the bores are very tight, from .717 to .720 and all shoot straight as far as windage goes.

The 26" barrel shoots about 6" low at 40 yard. It has the original low rib. The others have the elevated rib and shoot to POA. I  like 3" H-13 shells with 2 oz of #6 or #7 shot.

I've shot a good number of turkeys with that load through the SSX and JEBS chokes. This year, I'm shooting the new Federal TSS shells and the Vinci has for the most part, taken its place in the turkey woods. It fits me as well as the SBE and balances a bit better.

You won't go wrong with that SBE.

Thanks,
Clark 
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."