OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg 500 youth vs Remington 870 youth

Started by Mossyballs, April 03, 2018, 08:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossyballs

I have found nib wood / blued mossberg 500 youth 20 ga with 22" accuchoke barrel for $225

Also the Remington 870 wood/blued youth with 21" barrel is available at academy for $289

Which is better?  Is Remington worth extra money?

davisd9

I went with a 500 cause it was drilled and tapped. I changed the stock and forearm as well. Both will get the job done. Shot an 11-87 this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

howl

It comes down to personal preference. I like being able to see the safety on top when a bird is coming in or I am getting up to move.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

sswv

I'm a life long 870 lover but the 500's are proven field guns. Personally, I would take the 870 BUT, if you're not partial to either one by now get the one that feels best to you. As far as which one is 'better'? 870's are tighter guns built with better materials and no rattle.

jus my 2cts

RED NECK

I don't really care for either company over the other,however I purchased a 870 youth because I like the shurshot grip and I am happy with the gun.I would pick the one that shoulders for you the best.I wouldn't hesitate to shoot either for turkey hunting.The one thing i like about both companies is the aftermarket accessories available for them.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

davisd9

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on April 04, 2018, 11:11:13 AM
I don't really care for either company over the other,however I purchased a 870 youth because I like the shurshot grip and I am happy with the gun.I would pick the one that shoulders for you the best.I wouldn't hesitate to shoot either for turkey hunting.The one thing i like about both companies is the aftermarket accessories available for them.

Good post! 
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

tubecallhooks

One thing ive noticed with a Rem over a Moss is the avalability of used chokes on the market. I feel like i have personally saw more Rem chokes advertised then anything else. But as far as gun diff, dont think one is better then the other.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk