Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Great morning

Started by MISSISSIPPI Double beard, April 02, 2018, 01:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

I started to stay at home this morning then I reminded myself you only get so many days to hunt. I got to my family's little 50 acre spot right at daylight. As I was walking in I thought I heard a gobble. I hit the owl hooter and he let one rip. I got set up within 100 yards of him. I hit a few soft clucks and yelps and had some soft yelps answer back. I had hen fly in and land in a tree above me and one hen flew in and hit the ground 20 yards from me. I saw something black easing my way. One gob came out and then another. I let the first come on as I saw the second gob had a longer and thicker beard. The hen on the ground saw me raise the shotgun and started to cluck a bit. It didn't scare the gobs although they did stick their heads up and look around a bit. I drew a starvation bead as he came out from behind a tree and at 25 yards I hammered him. Turns out there was 2 more gobs behind him. They all pitched up when I shot but only one left instantly. The one  directly behind him calmed down and came and flogged my gob. The hunt was over by 6:50 am.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

eddie234

Awesome, congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tanna114

That's a picture perfect morning I'd say, congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dublelung

Man that's a fine morning and a quick way to get it done! Best thing about it knowing there's a couple more still there for another day! Best of luck to you with the rest of the season.

Tomcat655

man that's an awesome hunt...like beat on chest king kong kinda hunt

Big Jeremy

Nice! Congrats on a fine bird!

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

chbarnha

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak