OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I thought it was long gone! Edit: I added a sound file

Started by Sir-diealot, April 02, 2018, 12:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paboxcall

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

davisd9

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 04, 2018, 11:57:47 AM
Quote from: davisd9 on April 04, 2018, 10:15:38 AM
Quote from: Chris O on April 02, 2018, 04:08:46 PM
Ez may comment on that. Mark Sharpe I believe uses all hen bones but not sure about Ez. Both great call makers

Mr. Mark will do a multiple of combinations.  The one I have from him is a hen bone for mouth and middle piece then a young gobbler bone for the bell.
Have a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Sir-diealot

Quote from: paboxcall on April 04, 2018, 12:07:39 PM
Have a picture.

Here's my Mark Sharpe Jordan-style cane yelper.

Looks quite nice. I think I am going to try to get a Trumpet, pot and box call all made in Mexican Cocobola for next spring, I think that would be a neat set to have.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sir-diealot

Quote from: davisd9 on April 04, 2018, 12:13:02 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on April 04, 2018, 10:15:38 AM
Quote from: Chris O on April 02, 2018, 04:08:46 PM
Ez may comment on that. Mark Sharpe I believe uses all hen bones but not sure about Ez. Both great call makers

Mr. Mark will do a multiple of combinations.  The one I have from him is a hen bone for mouth and middle piece then a young gobbler bone for the bell.
Have a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is quite nice. I think I am going to try and get one of those lip stoppers to help me with lip position.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

I was doing some cleaning/sorting of some of my hunting stuff and found a few things including the lable from when I bought the call so now I know who made it. I also found a old Madd Spit N' Drum, I never could get that thing to run right. I also found what I think will be a summer project, a old 3 and a half inch piece of slate from a broken call that I think I am going to try and make a pot for.

John Koenig:

paboxcall

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 04, 2018, 12:25:41 PM
That is quite nice. I think I am going to try and get one of those lip stoppers to help me with lip position.

A $0.10 rubber faucet washer from Lowes will work just fine for this purpose. Bet you have one in your tool box already!
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Sir-diealot

Quote from: paboxcall on April 04, 2018, 12:58:20 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 04, 2018, 12:25:41 PM

A $0.10 rubber faucet washer from Lowes will work just fine for this purpose. Bet you have one in your tool box already!
My friends refuse to allow me around tools, I guess I annoy them because I am not very good with them. I will keep that in mind though, thank you.

John Koenig: