OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tape  (Read 2259 times)

Offline cjordan

Tape
« on: April 02, 2018, 09:13:49 AM »
Is here a secret to putting the tape on a mouth call so it isn't crooked and full of wrinkles? It seems like about one out of every four or five I get right, the rest usually gets a real big wrinkle or several small wrinkles, while trying to fold the tape over the frame.

I set the frame on the table, place the tape on the frame best I can, then fold it.

Offline Lonehowl

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Tape
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 10:56:27 AM »
Just practice, thats all. No secret technique to it.
Mark

Offline cjordan

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 10:59:22 AM »
That's what I figured, just thought I'd ask incase there was a better way. Thank you sir

Offline OldSwamper

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 05:00:43 PM »
Put tape on one side of diaphragm, flip tape over on table and put finger or other object through center and hold call down, then fold tape over.  if that makes sense, works for me.

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 11:11:00 PM »
Step 1):  Leaving the backing on the tape, fold the tape (backing in) in half across the short side (at the center of the latex cut). 
Step 2):  Peel the backing off one side to the fold, lay the exposed tape down on a flat surface, adhesive up (obviously), and place the frame in position at the fold, sticking it down to the side of the tape that has been exposed. 
Step 3:   While holding the call down on the flat surface by the frame, peel the rest of the backing off of the other half of the tape.  Step 4):  Carefully fold the newly exposed side of the tape over and stick it to the frame from the front to the back of the call. 
Step 5):  Evenly stick the tape together, pressing around the call frame from front edge to back.
....You should be able to master this very quickly and easily.