OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: We are on the score board  (Read 2505 times)

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
We are on the score board
« on: April 02, 2018, 08:07:19 AM »
I spent Friday afternoon all day Saturday and Sunday morning searching for gobblers and was coming up empty. Hadn't heard a gobble or even a yelp. Then the heavens opened and rained gobblers. I saw two toms and a jake working across a field and I was able to move through the woods to position on them and was able to peak their curiousity enough to deter their direction from moving down the field to make them move towards the wood line   Two shots, two toms, 30 yards. Pics in the kill forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 08:30:56 AM by WNCTracker »

BottomLand54

Re: We are on the score board
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 08:14:37 AM »
Awesome man, ain’t seeing any birds here youth season begins this coming Saturday the 7th and our adult season the 14th we have scoured close to 1000 acres in various places and not found much sign nor seen scratchings in woods etc.

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 08:32:24 AM »
That's odd considering the pics you've sent me in the past. I'm forecasting 100% chance of heavy gobbler showers for you in NC

Offline ILHUNTER

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 10:21:10 AM »
Congrats on your harvest.  Sounds like you had to work for them but your patience and persistence paid off.

Offline Gumby

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 01:48:47 PM »
Season just started here in Arkansas. Last two morning have been tough. Spring is a little late arriving this year. Really cold. Nothing in bloom and birds are still in big flocks. Three to Five Longbeards and 7-10 hens in each big group. Hopefully they break up soon