Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Knocked the TruGlo Gobble Stopper right off the gun

Started by Tidewater Tom, April 01, 2018, 03:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tidewater Tom

Hi there.  I just knocked my TRUGLO Gobble Stopper Dual Color 1x30 rifle scope and Weaver rail right off of my Benelli Super Vinci when I was patterning my shotgun.  Never had that happen before with any gun that I've mounted a scope on.  I've never had to cut the rail mounting screws so the action of the gun could operate either, which is what I had to do to get the bolt assembly to clear the bottom of the screws that hold the rail on.  I want to put it back on with longer (but still shortened) screws.  This time I'll use Lock Tight (should have done that the first time I guess).  Any other ideas?  I want to use what I have, however, I'll buy a new rail if you know one that will fit and has screws that will clear the bolt assembly.
Educated beyond my intelligence...

SwampMoss

Not answering the question you asked, and i do apologize, but do yourself and favor and get a better quality scope.

I went through 3 in a month. Broke the glass in 2 and the dot just quit working in the last

Their reflex sight is equally as poor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcleofly

I did the same thing very recently with the same scope. Only difference was I used Loctite and it was a Remington Versa Max. I purchased a set of mounting screws on Amazon for $40. It came with every size scope mounting screw available. I found the longest screws that would work but still gave me the clearance I need. I then added a crap load of blue Loctite. Make sure screw holes are clear of any oil or anything else that would prevent the Loctite from properly bonding. Let dry for a few days before firing. It worked the second time. The TruGlo scopes are bit top heavy and with the recoil of our Turkey loads they seem to want to come off lol. I hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk