OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli M2 not performing

Started by RiverRoost, March 29, 2018, 11:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

I need major help with my benelli m2 and sumtoy 562. Here is my 20 and 40 yard patterns. Shooting a big stubby XL load of straight 9's. Got 206 in the 10". I know it'll kill a bird at 40 but for tss it should be about 100 pellets higher I feel like. I'm thinking I may have over choked and blew the pattern. Thought?

40 yard here

Dtrkyman

That is low...cold out, clean barrel? Carlson's seem to be consistent with tss, Indian Creek 555 is typically high ten count but on the tight side up close.  565, 570 in the Carlson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverRoost

I brought my dot up after the 20 yard shot. The barrel was cleaned with solvent, brush, dry patch and then alcohol patched and then dry patched before I started shooting. I've seen so much about the sumtoy 572 being a laser which is what I want but I'm wondering if it's just overchoked in this particular gun or this particular handload just works well in 870's, which I've tried with a 572 Remington super full and it was smoking

kwild835

That looks overchoked.  I would try the factory full just to see if it looks better than that.  Your gun may want a .575 Carslon's or something like that.

SumToy

I know of 2 M2s that are not liking the smaller chokes.  I have sent some bigger ones to see what happens with them.    I know one guy had tried a few smaller chokes and they got worse.   I will let you know if it fix the problem.     

It just odd because most scream with the 562.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

tjh24

Did you try a different choke? I'm shooting the exact same set up and had very similar results. Yesterday I only had 189 in 10". Now it did take about 15 shots testing it before, so I'm sure the barrel was dirty, but I expected more. Just curious if I need to open up too?