OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Preferred face paint or blackening for hunters with glasses  (Read 17033 times)

Offline BTH

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Proverbs 3:5-6. I like the snood!
Re: Preferred face paint or blackening for hunters with glasses
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2018, 10:52:22 PM »
Thx guys. Going to try the carbomask stuff.
Phil 4:13

Offline Muzzy61

• Longbeard
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2018, 01:42:43 PM »
Carbo Mask is the best face paint that I have used.

Yep, it's good stuff. i use it or a burnt cork
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2018, 05:40:46 PM »

I bought some last year and was very disappointed in it, it was very wet, gritty and did not even stay on an hour and I put it on before I went on the 20 minute drive to the woods. I don't know if I got a bad batch or what but the old Fred Bear paint I have stays on better than that did. What did stay on did come off very easy as advertised though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline bobk

• In Memorial
  • Longbeard
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2018, 07:22:26 PM »
I never experienced those problems with Carbo Mask.

Offline Rapscallion Vermilion

• Longbeard
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2018, 05:35:12 PM »

I bought some last year and was very disappointed in it, it was very wet, gritty and did not even stay on an hour and I put it on before I went on the 20 minute drive to the woods. I don't know if I got a bad batch or what but the old Fred Bear paint I have stays on better than that did. What did stay on did come off very easy as advertised though.
Sounds like it had settled out in the tube. I’ve seen that.  Shake it up real good before you put it on.

Offline jryser

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2018, 07:49:49 PM »
Carbo mask is by far my favorite. It needs a good shake if it’s settled for too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2018, 12:23:09 AM »

Sounds like it had settled out in the tube. I’ve seen that.  Shake it up real good before you put it on.
I will try that in the morning.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline jryser

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2018, 08:00:02 AM »

Good luck!!!

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2018, 07:35:51 AM »

Good luck!!!

Followup on my above comments, I did try shaking it up and it did not work so I contacted the company and told them the experience that I had with their product and they sent me a new tube of the same and I can tell you the difference was night and day, I could tell it was much thicker just holding the container in my hand, I shook up both containers then went and applied some to each side of my face, the old one on one side and the new to the other and the new one did not feel at all gritty, applied better than the old one and dried much faster as well. I will give it a try this Spring. The manufacturer said that when you buy from big mass marker websites like Amazon you never know how long it has been sitting around degrading so I will buy directly from them when I do order more.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 07:32:47 PM by Sir-diealot »

John Koenig:

Offline turkey harvester

• Longbeard
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2018, 09:06:31 AM »
I use this stuff from duck commander in black. Doesn't come off when I sweat but comes off super easy. I have a beard and glasses and put it around my eyes and cheeks. Started using it last season and will continue.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
 Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2018, 07:37:13 PM »
I use this stuff from duck commander in black. Doesn't come off when I sweat but comes off super easy. I have a beard and glasses and put it around my eyes and cheeks. Started using it last season and will continue.
I also wear glasses and a beard and apply face paint the same as well as any part exposed under my face mask. I will pick up so other colors as well so I can try them as I try sitting on the ground this year, only thing I will not like is the bugs which is a major reason I wear a head net and booniehat. I am planning to get a Thermacell so maybe that will help, never used one before.

John Koenig:

Offline LaLongbeard

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2018, 04:17:24 PM »
I don't wear glasses but I do use face paint all the time and when I sit down to work a gobbler I pull up my face mask. Next time you see another hunter in the woods what is most noticeable? His face shines and sticks out like a sore thumb. I don't want to take a chance of a gobbler spotting me while I'm moving thru the woods and having a mask on all day is no fun either. Ive had Gobblers and hens 5 feet from me sitting next to a tree when there that close I think a mask works better to hide you. I prefer the loose fitting netting  kind not the form fitted ninja masks. As far as paint the military sticks work well they last all day sweat or not I have a lifetime supply of OD green and Brown. I've found baby wipes work well to remove face paint.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Offline ezmorningrebel

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2019, 07:47:59 PM »
Another vote for carbomask.

Offline randy6471

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2019, 09:34:13 PM »
  I also wear glasses and the only mask that I’ve had success with is the Bandito 3/4 mask from Quaker Boy. It has a wire frame around the eye opening, which I can form around my glasses and they won’t fog up. Plus I like the fact that it’s around my neck, so when I need to make a quick set up all I need to do is pull it up.

I’ve been using these masks for many years and unfortunately the product quality isn’t what it was 20 years ago, they still work good for me.

Offline nogoodreezen

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2019, 09:28:08 PM »
I love the hardy face paint. Stays on, does not smudge, and is easy to clean off.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk