OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tc encore pro hunter turkey 20 gauge  (Read 23537 times)

Offline mnbeardbuster

Re: Tc encore pro hunter turkey 20 gauge
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2020, 05:28:24 PM »
Heartbreak,
I had a similar issue of bottoming out my rear sight on a Encore 12ga barrel.  I bought it 2nd handle (if new it would have come with a 2nd front sight - note this was only for 12ga).  None the less I purchased a new front sight from Eabco.net (it says muzzleloader but it fit perfectly on my barrel.  I do have a Encore 20ga barrel and compared, the 20ga has the 0.345 sight.  Going to the higher front sight would give you room for adjustments.

https://www.eabco.net/Fiber-Optic-Front-Sight-470-for-Encore-Muzzle-Loaders_p_13867.html
https://www.eabco.net/Front-Fiber-Optic-Front-Sight-345-for-Encore-Muzzleloaders_p_13865.html

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2020, 07:34:43 AM »
I did buy it new and yes I do have the other front sight.I never even hunted with this gun this year.I will be putting the other front end on and testing it this summer.I would like to hunt with just the fiber optics and ditch the scope I have on it.
Browning'....“The Best There Is”

Austin 3:16...........

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2021, 02:57:13 PM »
I took the tc out today, I had to adjust this scope quite a bit to the left after I shot the longbeard #5's at 40 yards and tss #7's at 40 yards, longbeard xr .568 choke.This is longbeard #5's at 40 yards.. I had this scope on another gun.The last picture is at 20 yards at end of shooting trip to see how tight pattern was. I love this gun,Its just awesome.I use a range finder for all my shooting.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2022, 07:05:08 PM »
I have an itch to bring this gun hunting this spring, so I'll be firing it next weekend getting it warmed up as It should already be dialed in, Its been retired in the gun safe for a few years. I figured It would be a popular 20 gauge but It seems as though only a handful of others on here are using it.

Offline mnbeardbuster

« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2022, 11:58:31 AM »
Why not use it?  All I use is my Encore.  Tough decision to make every year, 12ga or 20ga.  Fun to be able to do that on one platform.  The 20ga barrels are very hard to come by since S&W shutdown TC and if you find one you better be ready to shell out some coin.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2022, 05:39:54 PM »
I have so many, I try and kill with one, or hunt with them a few times and then try another. I patterned this, last weekend, I shot 2 shells, my scope was a little to the right,so I adjusted and then sent a tss #7 at ..? yards and put it back. I may take it for a hunt later in season.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2022, 05:43:06 PM »
I do like the gun,I have not used it hardly at all. Maybe 5-6 hunts in total, I still would rate it in top 3 of my 20 gauges,maybe even #1. They are near impossible to find up here now, I am glad I have the 12 gauge,20 gauge and muzzleloading shotgun barrels.

Offline runngun

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2022, 06:21:05 PM »
I have a 12 gauge Thompson Center Encore. I also had to get a taller front sight. I called TC and they actually sent me two (2) front sight. This was a long time ago, because it was when I 1st started shooting NITRO.

Have a good one
Bo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.