OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tc encore pro hunter turkey 20 gauge  (Read 23382 times)

Offline DUCKDIGGLER

Re: Tc encore pro hunter turkey 20 gauge
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2019, 09:42:35 PM »
Thanks man!  :z-guntootsmiley:

Offline mightyjoeyoung

• Longbeard
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2019, 04:34:03 AM »
Rogers sporting goods has themnas do a number of other online retailers.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Offline tree-rat sniper

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2019, 09:45:37 PM »
HBK, you're slowly convincing me that I need a 20 ga barrel for my Encore!  :OGturkeyhead:
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2019, 06:55:00 PM »
I went after work today and picked up my ammo,I picked up 8 boxes of #7 federal premium tss,five for me and three for my father.I am shooting it from two guns this spring.It isn't cheap but for me It is not really a big deal as now that I am dialed in and setup,I will only be shooting it at Toms,and maybe 1 a year for patterning,so maybe a box a year.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2019, 08:18:20 PM »
I just purchased a .550 truglo strut stopper extreme.I may try the tss through it when I get it and even the lb #6. But I was thinking ahead and plan on using it in my next 20 gauge I purchase.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2019, 05:28:19 PM »
I will be taking this gun out to pattern again tomorrow after work as I put a reflex sight on it to test with some tss #7.It would be nice if the .550  truglo ssx arrived tomorrow but I am not expecting it.

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2019, 07:25:55 PM »
I will be taking this gun out to pattern again tomorrow after work as I put a reflex sight on it to test with some tss #7.It would be nice if the .550  truglo ssx arrived tomorrow but I am not expecting it.
Hopefully you have better luck with them than i had.
I had one of those chokes several years ago and got a really great pattern out of a Benelli SBE2. Downfall was the choke expanded after one shot and I had to work to get it out of the barrel. I sent it in for a free replacement thinking it was a fluke and the second one did the exact same thing..I won't ever give them a 3rd chance..
Hopefully you'll have better luck than I had...

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2019, 06:36:02 AM »
I actually had seen a few issues with them by researching them,I figured It was worth the price to pick it up as I plan on using it for my next purchase for next year.I am going to buy a Mossberg sa-20.If I do not get it in mail today I will probably never shoot it from the encore 20.

I had planned on taking my sxp 20 gauge as well tonight but I was talking with my gunsmith(family friend) and he hasn't got gun ready and told me not to expect it for the 25th as he is away working until the 21st.Oh well,lots to choose from anyway.

I find this gun out of any of the 50 shotguns I have owned fits me the best,shoulders the best and is downright my favorite gun ever other than my bps 12 ga to turkey hunt with.I didn't find It heavy with scope but with just the little 3 oz reflex sight  the difference is enough to sight it in and pattern it with the reflex sight after work today.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2019, 09:33:43 PM »
I ended up patterning the gun with just the fiber optic sights it comes with at 40 yards with the tss #7 and they are dead on.I am planning on putting a little red dot on it,I am just not sure which one quite yet so I may hunt with it the way it is for this spring and add the red dot before the fall.This gun is fantastic to say the least.I am not going to bother with any other 20 gauge purchasing,the ones I have are enough.

The  truglo choke never did show up today and I was not expecting it yet.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2019, 04:28:34 PM »
This is the first bird of the year and first with the Tc encore 20 gauge.28 yard shot with Tss #7 and he didn't flop once,dropped like a rock,dead before he hit the ground.There was easily 75 pellets in his neck and head.It was crazy.3 toms came in and I dropped the closest one,two were strutting,all were big birds and  this one weighed in at 23.8 lbs,which is a bigger bird for the area I am hunting.Most are approx 20-21 lbs.He also had the longest and sharpest spurs I have shot in 3-4 years,in the area I hunt they do not seem to get sharp,but about 45 minutes away,the ones we kill are sharper and usually a bit longer.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2019, 04:30:20 PM »

Offline Prohunter3509

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2019, 09:22:17 PM »
What choke you using hbk

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2019, 06:21:26 AM »
What choke you using hbk
.568 longbeard

Online Dazzler

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2020, 10:03:52 AM »
I am in the process of setting up my new to me TC 20 for upcoming season. All I have is the stock turkey choke.

1.  Anyone know if this is okay to shoot with TSS?

2. Does anyone has suggestions for a 2nd year turkey hunter?

3. What choke thread is compatible with the TC turkey barrel?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DUCKDIGGLER

« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2020, 12:54:06 PM »
Hi Dazzler!

1. Not sure but I dont see why not, you may want to check with T/C prior.
2. Sorry a little confused.....what type of suggestions are you looking for?
3. Its a WIN/Moss 500 20 ga thread pattern.

I am running a Burris Speed Bead 3 on my gun with an Indian Creek in .555 with Fed TSS #9s for out of state hunts and the Indian Creek .570 with Fed TSS #7s (smallest size we can run in CT.) Both are MORE than adequate for 40 yds.

The gun is so light and handy I dont want to carry any of my other t-guns any longer. I have way too many and am thinking of selling them all and buying a back up T/C 20ga.  Love the thing!

DD :OGturkeyhead: