OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tc encore pro hunter turkey 20 gauge  (Read 23531 times)

Offline BrowningGuy88

• Longbeard
Re: Tc encore pro hunter turkey 20 gauge
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2019, 07:47:39 AM »
Good looking rig!

I’m impressed the fibers were dead on out of the box.

Good luck with it!

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2019, 03:27:10 PM »
I got some time today and dialed in scope and then patterned the gun.It was way off,It took me 7 shells to get the scope even close to decent.It was was high.After I got it close with 7.5" shells,I was planning on shooting mag blends or hevi 6"s for it,I had the .568 longbeard choke in.I thought lets try the Winchester longbeards #6 first and all I can say is,wow.It took me 2 shells to have it dialed in out to 40 yards and the pattern was outstanding,very very confident with this gun out to 40 yards.I never even bothered to shoot any other ammo,no need to for me.

I have 20 some boxes of the expensive ammo here and the Winchester longbeards have given me more than enough confidence to not even bother with anything else.
Browning'....“The Best There Is”

Austin 3:16...........

Offline DUCKDIGGLER

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2019, 10:23:28 PM »
Guys.....I went and picked up one of these T/Cs in 20 ga today as well....quick question....what choke tube thread pattern is this.....standard Invector/ Winchoke/ Mossberg? Is that correct? 

Thanks in advance!

DD :OGturkeyhead:

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2019, 10:57:12 PM »
Guys.....I went and picked up one of these T/Cs in 20 ga today as well....quick question....what choke tube thread pattern is this.....standard Invector/ Winchoke/ Mossberg? Is that correct? 

Thanks in advance!

DD :OGturkeyhead:
Yes.Enjoy the new gun.I find it the most comfortable shotgun I have ever shouldered,I am planning on testing it with the Factory choke with a few different shells here again shortly.I already plan on carrying this setup opening morning this year.I am just going to see if I can get a better pattern with other ammo and choke.It is already an easy 40 yard killer.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2019, 08:48:03 AM »
I am heading out in a bit to shoot the tc again,I am taking this ammo to shoot at 40 yards,one shell each with factory choke.It has been excellent on mag blends.I want to see if I can beat what I did yesterday with lb #6 at 40 yards.

-Triple beard 5-6-7
-Hevi shot 13 #6
-Hevi shot 13 #5
-Federal 3rd degree 5-6-7 (older stuff)
-Federal 3rd degree 5-6-7 (newer stuff)
-Hevi Mag blend
-Win Long beard #5
-Federal Premium High velocity mag shok #6
-Federal Heavyweight Tss #7

I am hoping to remember to take a picture or save the targets,the thing with saving them is that sometimes my father changes them out and throws them in either the garbage or crumples them up and throws them in our bag to throw in trash.I am just not a numbers guy,I shoot and pattern until I find a pattern I am confident in hunting with.I am not sure I will ever counts pellets.It just does not interest me.

Offline DBell

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2019, 09:10:17 AM »
I am heading out in a bit to shoot the tc again,I am taking this ammo to shoot at 40 yards,one shell each with factory choke.It has been excellent on mag blends.I want to see if I can beat what I did yesterday with lb #6 at 40 yards.

-Triple beard 5-6-7
-Hevi shot 13 #6
-Hevi shot 13 #5
-Federal 3rd degree 5-6-7 (older stuff)
-Federal 3rd degree 5-6-7 (newer stuff)
-Hevi Mag blend
-Win Long beard #5
-Federal Premium High velocity mag shok #6
-Federal Heavyweight Tss #7

I am hoping to remember to take a picture or save the targets,the thing with saving them is that sometimes my father changes them out and throws them in either the garbage or crumples them up and throws them in our bag to throw in trash.I am just not a numbers guy,I shoot and pattern until I find a pattern I am confident in hunting with.I am not sure I will ever counts pellets.It just does not interest me.
I’d like to see the mag blend pattern you get. They shoot really even at 40 yards in my 870 but numbers wise they “don’t make the cut”. Here’s a pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2019, 12:39:57 PM »
I fired one each at 40 yards from the factory choke,the clear winner for me was Federal #7 tss and then the Longbeard #5's over the 6's.

I was a little shocked as the Hevi shot 5,6 and mag blends did not pattern good at all at 40 yards.The mags shot excellent last spring.I did save the targets and will try and post them up here shortly.The #7 tss was deadly,they hit to the right about 5" but I have a scope and fixed that.The long beard 5"s and 6"s hit dead on.I was very impressed with the 5's and had planned on them until I touched off the granddaddy of them all,the Federal #7 Tss heavyweight.

I ended up trying the longbeard .568 choke at 40 yards with the Tss and the long beard 5's.Both were awesome patterns and If you didn't want or couldn't afford the tss shell,the long beards would be more than ok out to 40 yards.

I am ordering up 8 more boxes of the tss to have,as I plan on shooting it from th tc for years.I also had my dad try a shell out of his 20 gauge and it was dynamite as well,the new Federal 3rd degree also did very well from his gun at 40 yards while the longbeards both were horrid.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2019, 01:11:44 PM »
Here are the targets,the federal tss #7 hit to the right with both chokes,I did adjust my scope but just did not have any more tss shells with me to shoot again.It is what I will be hunting with from this gun,there is no question.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2019, 01:12:50 PM »

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2019, 01:13:42 PM »

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2019, 01:14:18 PM »

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2019, 01:15:09 PM »
Fed #7 tss 40 yards factory choke

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2019, 01:16:15 PM »
Fed #7 Tss 40 yards .568 Longbeard choke...This is what I am hunting with this year.

Offline DBell

« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2019, 01:41:29 PM »
Fed #7 Tss 40 yards .568 Longbeard choke...This is what I am hunting with this year.
I’d shoot the LB 5 or TSS out of those patterns for sure.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2019, 01:48:08 PM »
I’d shoot the LB 5 or TSS out of those patterns for sure.

I would have no issues using either choke with the tss either,both will destroy the bird but I was impressed with the 5's,I know the lb 6's are an excellent shell,the 5's really were the surprise for me today.I just emailed my supplier for more tss shells.I can pick more lb 5's up locally,as that was the last of the 5's I had.I knew the tss would be the "best". 

This is far and away my favorite 20 gauge.I will have this gun in my hands a lot of this season.