OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tc encore pro hunter turkey 20 gauge  (Read 23384 times)

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: Tc encore pro hunter turkey 20 gauge
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2018, 08:38:56 PM »
I have never ever counted a hole in paper in my 38 years on this earth, but I do know that with what i have patterned from all my other 20 gauges.I would not ever hunt or shoot a bird over 30 yards.The shops have such a poor selection of 20 gauge it makes you want to pull your hair out.I know all the excuses and lines in the game.It comes down to money and they will not stock it because most hunters are either too cheap or too poor to buy it and use lead shells . 20 gauges are just becoming popular up in these parts.If i do find 20 gauge it is usually average rounds that get you a great 30 yard pattern...then again...what doesn't?The Federal heavyweight shells are just not available anywhere in a 3" 6 or 7.....I find it frustrating that ontario is this bad for turkey ammo.

Online 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2018, 10:43:48 PM »
I know the Federal Heavyweights are great,but from everything I've heard unless you could get a stockpile of them in my opinion I wouldn't mess with them because I've heard they are discontinuing them.
The H-13s I haven't heard they are discontinuing. If I'm wrong somebody chime in please...If you can find them in #6 or #7 they are bad turkey mojo...Winchester longbeards in #6 also if you can get ahold of some...
Can't you order a bunch online and have them shipped? Or is it a cross border thing and it's not allowed. Not sure how that works.?

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2018, 10:53:44 PM »
I found and ordered a few boxes of long beard #6's tonight and I am supposed to be getting the hevi 13 in 5 & 6's from the shop I purchased the gun from.I am not worrying about trying to find Federal heavyweights any longer.I don't care if I ever shoot a heavyweight shell through a 20 gauge in my life.I will use hevi and long beards.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2018, 06:05:14 PM »
I am debating on buying a truglo gobble stopper to try out on the 20 gauge barrel,I am either going to order one or wait and buy it next weekend when I make the trip to bass pro shop.I have been debating on a reflex or red dot and I want the circle with the dot in the middle.I also have the option to get 50% msrp from vortex and was interested the vortex venom as well,I am just a little more set on having green reticle instead of red.I think I will have my mind made up by mid week.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2018, 08:36:43 PM »
Decided to try a Bushnell Trophy Red Dot 1x 28mm Multi-Reticle instead,I have a different version mounted on one of my other 20 gauges and have been happy with it.I trust bushnell optics and plan on wrapping it in camo, as I purchased the matte one off amazon.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2018, 07:53:09 AM »
I plan on calling my vortex rep today and seeing how quickly I can have the venom in my hands,If I can get it by mid April,I will be purchasing it as well.

Offline CB on the run

• Longbeard
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2018, 02:39:56 PM »
Just got 10 boxes of Federal heavyweight #7's.  They had 30 boxes.  I just checked the website and it appears they are all gone.  Federal discontinued these amazing shells in favor of TSS which they are releasing in small quantities.  Heavyshot H-13 #7s are available, produced excellent numbers in all 3 of my 20 ga turkey guns, you'll just have to search the web for them and probably pay shipping.  Nitros are another option (not Remington nitros) and I would go with straight #7 instead of the blend which didn't pattern near as well.  I think Rogers Sporting goods still had the Federal Heavyweight #6's, check their website.  Good luck.--Bill

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2018, 12:13:30 PM »
I just got home from patterning the new barrel,I fired 4 shells,1 target load at 20 yards and the gun poi was dead on with the fiber optics.I then fired 1 #6 shell from 30 yards and it was dead on.So I fired 1 hevi shot mag blend at 20 yards.dead on,went back to 40 yards and boom,easily over 40 pellets in the head and neck of turkey target.I am done,I am not putting any red dot or scopes on this rig,It is perfect and deadly at least to 40 yards and I did not have to do anything but load the shell and touch off the trigger.This gun is fantastic.It will be my #1 hunting rig this spring.I am 110% happy.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2018, 05:34:03 PM »
I picked myself up the long beard xr choke for this gun today.I have a reflex sight that I plan on using,I love this gun.I have been using it the last 5 days.It is my favorite turkey gun ever other than my bp 12 gauge.I also purchased 4 boxes of hevi last week,3 boxes of 6 and a box of 5's.I plan on buying 4-5 more of the long beard 6's as well but not right away.I am stockpiling for this gun.I am planning on getting it dipped in mo obsession nwtf pattern before next spring as well.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2019, 07:15:18 PM »
here it is....

Offline Prohunter3509

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2019, 07:48:42 PM »
That's nice hbk

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2019, 12:07:53 PM »
I just ordered another 5 boxes of the hevi mag blend and will be ordering another 5 before the start of season so I have them,I assume the 50 shells I purchase along with the 4 I still have will be more than enough for this gun for hunting,for a handful of years at least.

Offline tree-rat sniper

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2019, 05:59:04 PM »
That's a good looking rig, I've ran an Encore for years as a deer pistol & now rifle.  Often thought about picking up the 20 ga barrel for it.  Still might sometime...
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2019, 11:46:21 PM »
It is awesome,It is a perfect fit.I have no bad things to say at all.It is light,compact,fits me perfect and shoots long beards 6's awesome and mag blends.I would buy it again.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2019, 03:04:54 PM »
I put my Bushnell Trophy Xlt 1.75-4x32 Circle X Reticle  Realtree Ap scope on this gun this morning,I am going to hunt it like this I believe this spring.The scope just fits this gun perfect.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 06:37:10 PM by The Heartbreak Kid....... »