turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tc encore pro hunter turkey 20 gauge

Started by RED NECK, March 28, 2018, 11:05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

I purchased the 20 gauge barrel in hardwoods camo this morning,It will be here early next week at the latest.I also have some 3" mag blends on the way.I am excited to switch my 12 gauge barrel out to try the 20 gauge barrel.The camo will not match, and at first I was a little disappointed but then when I thought about it...I like that the new forend and barrel will be a different camo.I may just use the fiber optic sights for this season but may add a scope if I am not happy with open sights...pretty excited for the new barrel.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Prohunter3509

Just got mine last week so far I like it
Recoil up side 12 is non existence

Prohunter3509

I have a Carlson 575 I will sell you if you wanna try a different choke

RED NECK

Thanks for the offer but the guy who owns the shop where I purchased the barrel is a huge Carlson dealer and I would buy it from him.I may try and unload my 870 I just built.I am not a remington guy and prefer my browning and tc over it.

Prohunter3509

Well if you change your mind 25.00 tyd
Had 3 she'll shot through it

RED NECK

Not interested but good luck with selling it, good price.I am heading out  today and barrel should be arriving at dealer around 2-3pm.I plan on swinging by and picking it up later and maybe get out this weekend and fire it a few times.My mag blends will be here next tuesday...then the real fun starts.

RED NECK

I have the new barrel and forend here and plan on putting it on tonight.I am pretty excited to have both barrels and be set for years.

RED NECK

I just switched barrels and I figured there would be more of a difference in the camo pattern.You can barely tell there is a difference.Looks great and feels great.I can't wait to get the magblend and fire some shells through it.

RED NECK

When i picked up barrel today,I had him order me the base as well,it will be in next week.I am now thinking I may purchase the simmons pro diamond for this barrel.I would use some mossy oak camo wrap I have here.I have an urge to buy a simmons scope with the diamond plex.

RED NECK

I purchased a truglo red/green dot from amazon that was 45% off and will be running it on my 870 instead of the 1-4x20 bushnell circle plex,I took the bushnell off the 870 and wrapped it with camo wrap I had left over and will be mounting it when my base arrives next week for the 20 gauge barrel.I am almost complete with getting my guns finished.I still want to order a claw sling...maybe later today I will do it.

RED NECK

I have this ammo so far to pattern and test from this barell and stock choke next weekend.

-3rd degree 3 inch #5,6,7
-high velocity federal with flightwad control 3 inch #5 and #6
-triple beard 3 inch #5,6,7
-double xx 3 inch #4
-win long beard 3 inch #5
-win long beard 3 inch #6
-hevi 3 inch magblend

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on March 31, 2018, 06:08:24 PM
I have this ammo so far to pattern and test from this barell and stock choke next weekend.

-3rd degree 3 inch #5,6,7
-high velocity federal with flightwad control 3 inch #5 and #6
-triple beard 3 inch #5,6,7
-double xx 3 inch #4
-win long beard 3 inch #5
-win long beard 3 inch #6
-hevi 3 inch magblend
If you can find some try H13 #7s ...

RED NECK

No,there will not be any #7's anywhere around this area,I am done begging and trying to find it from these local guys who make excuses on why they don't carry it.Most are so uneducated when it comes to bird hunting it's pathetic.I will have to deal with what I have.I will say...our selection of ammo for 20 gauge is a joke in this area.I had to order the mag blends and the longbeard #6's.I believe the local shop is getting the hevi 13 in 5-6 next week...we will see.

I am frustrated to say the least.I have spent over three thousand dollars on 20 gauges and my new tc 12 gauge pro hunter and it's like pulling teeth trying to find hevi shot ammo.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on March 31, 2018, 06:36:23 PM
No,there will not be any #7's anywhere around this area,I am done begging and trying to find it from these local guys who make excuses on why they don't carry it.Most are so uneducated when it comes to bird hunting it's pathetic.I will have to deal with what I have.I will say...our selection of ammo for 20 gauge is a joke in this area.I had to order the mag blends and the longbeard #6's.I believe the local shop is getting the hevi 13 in 5-6 next week...we will see.

I am frustrated to say the least.I have spent over three thousand dollars on 20 gauges and my new tc 12 gauge pro hunter and it's like pulling teeth trying to find hevi shot ammo.

They won't carry it because the entire line has been discontinued as of the first of the year.  They aren't busting your ballz.  They simply don't have it and won't ever again.  Look at the heavyweight 6s and don't think about chasing numbers.  If you can get 110+ with the 6s, which you absolutely should,  hunt them!  They're turkey DEATH. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

RED NECK

i can't get the 6's and i am not chasing numbers.yes they are clueless about what people are using in their 20 gauges to hunt turkeys up here.I should know...i deal with it daily.