turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

problems with speed bead installation M2

Started by Life of Riley, March 27, 2018, 06:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Life of Riley

The pins on my speed bead that go into the receiver seem to not go in at all. I tried holding onto the barrel and putting all my weight on it to press the pins into the revceiver and nothing. They go into the stock just fine. Any suggestions/experience?

Oxley777

I just installed one yesterday on an M2 for my dad. It was not easy! Roll pins are very tight! I chamfered the holes in receiver very slightly. Also used a little emory cloth on roll pins. Also used a little gun grease on pins and hole. I then tapped lightly with hammer to get pins started in receiver. Then started pins in stock. Then tapped stock to draw together. Then installed nut inside stock to draw together. This was also on a steady grip stock so I had to do a little extra work on it. It is not made quite the same as comforttech stock. Anyway, took me a good 2or 3 hours to get it done. It turned out good and is rock solid now. Good luck

Oxley777

Also I got rid of the little foam cushion underneath. Just couldn't make it work. Be careful when using nut to draw stock and receiver together. I was using quite a bit of torque to draw it together. Really thought I might break it. Fortunately it did not break. After drawing it together I backed off nut and then tightened it with reasonable torque.

Life of Riley

Wow, that sounds like a lot involved, I had no idea! I'll pick up some emery cloth tonight. Now I'm wondering if I can ever get it out once I get it in.

reynolds243

Seems odd. I've installed one on 3 M2 and 2 SBE2 and yes they were super tight but I didn't have any issues getting it in. On some it was SUPER tight but still went in after really torquing the stock nut.

Worst case you could file down the pins just a tad and make sure your receiver holes are not clogged somehow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oxley777

I think it helped in my case to chamfer just a bit to get pin started. I used a drill bit and just turned it with my fingers. It doesn't take much. It turned out good and I like the fact that can still see down the rib and use vent rib and bead as back up in case battery or red dot fails. My dad hasn't seen it yet but I know he's gonna like it! Also, I put receiver in a vise with rubber face jaws. Made it easier to work on.

stinkpickle

I had the same problem with my M2.  It's like the pins were too long for the receiver...by at least 1/8".  I didn't want to force it and risk not being able to return it, so I sent it back and ended up getting the receiver drilled and tapped.

Oxley777

The way the roll pins are installed in the speed bead, they are too long on receiver side. I tapped mine with hammer to slide them in the mount so they would be longer on stock side and shorter on receiver side. I had steadygrip stock so I drilled hole slightly deeper in stock.

Life of Riley

I'm not sure exactly if the pins were too long or not. I know they were too wide at my first attempt. Thanks to those who gave advice, I filed them down and lightly greased them and got the mount on the gun. Everything looks good to me, mount and FF3 seem very sturdy. After I get to the range several times next week I will let everyone know the results.