OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Looking to start a .410 project which make and model do you prefer?

Started by mozart_hunter, March 25, 2018, 11:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mozart_hunter

Izzyjoe

That all depends on what you want, pump, auto, single, or over/under. My preference would be toward a over/under, aka stack barrel! I like the ideal of two barrels, one for close up work, and one for 30yds and beyond.

mozart_hunter

Quote from: Izzyjoe on March 25, 2018, 11:26:25 AM
That all depends on what you want, pump, auto, single, or over/under. My preference would be toward a over/under, aka stack barrel! I like the ideal of two barrels, one for close up work, and one for 30yds and beyond.

Im open for any type just trying to figure out what people on here shoot. What make and model over and under do you like?

Gumby

I have a TR Imports youth 410 stalker. I like t because it has a vent rib and that allows for various options to mount optics or vent rib open sights

bez71

Izzyjoe

To be honest, I don't have a 410 stack barrel yet. I do have a browning 12ga, and it kicks like a mule with with turkey loads. I'm wanting to purchase a Stevens 555, cause others on here have gone that route, and have good things to say about them.

Magdump

I just had to consider this very question a couple weeks ago.  Which road to go down with a .410 turkey gun project?  Unfortunately at this time, no one makes a dedicated .410 turkey model so we are left to make our own from existing options.   

In my case, I remembered that I have a blued T/C Contender frame that I have hunted with a lot over the years with various barrels so I searched for a Contender .410 shotgun barrel on eBay and gun broker and found a nice 21" blued one.  Now to see how the barrel patterns when it arrives and if I am not happy, I will send it, and a few boxes of Federal .410 TSS #9, to Mr. Sumtoy to work his magic on! 

Do you have a .410 in your collection now that might lend itself to your project?  If not, are there any .410s out there that you might like to use as a starting point?