only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Time for a new vest....

Started by RED NECK, March 24, 2018, 06:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

Quote from: Tail Feathers on January 25, 2022, 01:33:31 PM
Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on January 25, 2022, 11:27:41 AM
I was going through and organizing some hunting totes the other day and I came across this, I forgot all about buying this and using it. I believe I used it on about 4-5 hunts a dozen years or longer ago. How many of you used this, or even remember it?
I believe that's the Freaky Seat.  It's a sling style carry?  I had one, I think I gave it away after not using it.
I believe you are right, it is called the Freaky seat. I found a few pictures of it from the google machine. I could not remember the name, I purchased it from the local shop a long time ago.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

RED NECK

I went through some more totes last night and found these,ones a mossy oak strut zone,missing the bottom buckle and the other is a primos gobbler vest that is missing a zipper, I am going to get these fixed and have them ready, I may use the Mossy oak one a bit when it's warm out late season.

RED NECK

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on January 26, 2022, 12:09:33 PM
I went through some more totes last night and found these,ones a mossy oak strut zone,missing the bottom buckle and the other is a primos gobbler vest that is missing a zipper, I am going to get these fixed and have them ready, I may use the Mossy oak one a bit when it's warm out late season.
I knew I had the strap vest as well somewhere.

RED NECK

I had a delivery earlier, this Super Elite 4.0 seems to be a lot lighter of a material than I one I purchased and tried in 2018, I knew it was a little different from the pictures but it seems lighter, and It should be cooler on hotter days, and I also had the Beard buster ultimate call keeper arrive, I seen it in stock and I am going to test it out as I read you can attach it to your own belt, It seems well built and looks to be a nice little run & gun setup, or  use when I bowhunt.

Tail Feathers

I like that Beard Buster pouch.  I'm interested in what you think about it, looking forward to that review when you test it out.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

RED NECK

Quote from: Tail Feathers on January 27, 2022, 08:50:38 PM
I like that Beard Buster pouch.  I'm interested in what you think about it, looking forward to that review when you test it out.
It seems to be well built,I am keeping it for sure as I will use it. It's just a matter of how much and for what. I will probably use it a lot in October, as our fall season for turkeys is a month long for bow hunting now and a 12 day shotgun season during the month. It will be perfect for that, for carrying my release,rangefinder,water(coffee)tag, etc.

I also have a Nomad mg and tidwe vest in realtree timber on the way to check out, I like tidewe vest I had one already, I wanted to try the Nomad mg for myself, It's the newer version in shadowleaf.

I am not sure I will be keeping the super elite 4.0, this one feels cheaper,It's different material from the one I bought in 2018 I believe. We will see,I have a month to decide and then 3 months yet until season actually opens. There are so many options, I hope there a few more released at the nwtf show as well.

rynseckinger

I got the alps gs for this season, my old vest has had it. Haven't been anywhere but the yard with it and so far I'm liking it. I took the kickstand out because it's too heavy and it kinda limits you on turning around much. The seat is comfy as well as the padding in the back. I plan on modding the seat with elastic to mimic the speed seat by cablelas because I have seen reviews that the magnets aren't strong enough. It has all the pockets I need personally, two pot calls a hooter and mouth calls. The side water bottle pockets carry my two thermacells and I run a bladder in the back. I haven't chased any birds yet but the vest seems rugged enough to last quite a few years. Best of luck this year to you!

RED NECK

I found the badlands vest on amazon.ca again this year, this time it was $100 less and in bottomland camo, I have it on the way and it says Feb 2-4th for delivery, I want to test it with what I plan on carrying now and thats not nearly as much as before. The tidewe vest is out for delivery and will be arriving today, I still have no update on mg vest arrival.

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on January 30, 2022, 08:38:47 AM
I found the badlands vest on amazon.ca again this year, this time it was $100 less and in bottomland camo, I have it on the way and it says Feb 2-4th for delivery, I want to test it with what I plan on carrying now and thats not nearly as much as before. The tidewe vest is out for delivery and will be arriving today, I still have no update on mg vest arrival.
I bought the badlands vest in bottomland camo last year from a place in Canada. It was 229$ CA. I'm 6'2" tall and 205 pounds. I had it cinched all the way down and it still ran really big. Also it feels a lot like wearing a tuxedo vest and runs super short. I hated the thing and never wore it more than trying it on. The vest itself I thought was the best layout and seat ont hé market. I just couldn't get past the fit. I hope you have a better experience!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RED NECK

I owned it last spring,I paid almost $280 Canadian for it in approach camo,loaded it up way to full and sent it back. I am going to load it and test it with what I will use now and we will see. I paid $181.33 for this one, but I paid the extra 18 dollars for fast shipping. If I don't like the feel of it set up and adjusted,back it will go,  to amazon. Did you buy from bullseye north last spring?

RED NECK

I really liked the tidewe vest, but they were supposed to send me a bottomland one twice last spring and kept sending me the wrong camo,I used it for 2-3 days and liked it. I returned it because they basically lied and sent me the wrong finish and I liked the killin' time vest as well and decided to use it and then I started getting rips in inside pockets of it.

I was happy to see the tidewe in Realtree timber finish,not that I overly care and I know it means nothing I like wearing mix & match camo, and get tired of all the obsession finish items.

I just made a bet with a buddy that amazon sends the wrong finish again for the tidewe, my orders usually arrive in the morning. I will know soon enough.

I like the idea of the tidewe for a few reasons, It comfortable,lots of room and It's adaptable for any hunt, or trip you may need it for.

It's a better version of the grandslam, from my perspective having tried both out. It's just a fun experiment to try, test and see what you want and like, everybody is different and has their own likes and dislikes.

Somedays I want all my gear, other days I want just a mouthcall and a bottle of water,tags, and tp.

I don't believe there is a "perfect" vest and probably never will be, for everybody.

RED NECK

It's here, and they shipped the correct one. I almost forgot how comfy these fit, I would rate these in the top end of vests I have tried and used, I do wish It had a water bottle holder on the side but I'll just throw it in back pouch anyway.

roosterstraw

Do you plan on purchasing the new ol tom vest?

RED NECK

I don't know, If I did I can't see it being until next winter, I have never even seen an ol tom vest in person yet. I'd like to try it in the future though.

WV Flopper

I have a question. If any one has used the Alps Long Spur: My question is do the chest pockets get in the way or change the ergonomics of carrying a slung gun over the shoulder? I shoulder a gun a lot, it appears those pockets could hamper the way a gun carries. Only carrying over one shoulder not across the chest

I am thinking this may be a good vest for me with the removal of the lumbar pack, not thinking I need that feature.