OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Time for a new vest....  (Read 43911 times)

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
Re: Time for a new vest....
« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2022, 12:54:01 PM »
No vest seat can or will replace the comfort of a turkey chair, It really is like sitting in a recliner, in the woods. I do love the chair and could see myself, keeping the chair and taking the cushion off a new vest.
Browning'....“The Best There Is”

Austin 3:16...........

Offline lunghit

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #196 on: January 16, 2022, 01:40:44 PM »
No vest seat can or will replace the comfort of a turkey chair, It really is like sitting in a recliner, in the woods. I do love the chair and could see myself, keeping the chair and taking the cushion off a new vest.
That’s exactly what I have been doing. Even removed the cushion on my new Killing Time vest last year and carried my Browning Strutter chair. I’m not getting any younger and if I want to sit still I need comfort. Harder to lug around but still better than a cushion. I’ll have to keep an eye on those inside pockets.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #197 on: January 16, 2022, 02:01:38 PM »
The killin time vest is awesome,I cant say It is not well built as It may have been my clippers that poked through and ripped the mesh,however I have not had that issue on a vest before. I see the Mossy oak Long beard elite vest, the only place I can order it is through an online,3rd party and it is $156.00 then shipping and import fees,looks like price would be around $250.00, I like what I see in that vest but hard to determine,not a lot of reviews on it, or much to read about it. I do like those types of vests. I also can buy the MOSSY OAK OBSESSION TURKEY HUNTING VEST  for $107.00 to my door and It is a solid looking choice,looks like it would be cool in the heat.

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #198 on: January 16, 2022, 02:03:38 PM »
I have to admit,I love having the side mesh pockets up on my chest,I keep my gloves and face mask,mouth calls and my locators in them. I love my LL bean because of those pockets.

Offline lunghit

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #199 on: January 17, 2022, 09:56:12 AM »
The killin time vest is awesome,I cant say It is not well built as It may have been my clippers that poked through and ripped the mesh,however I have not had that issue on a vest before. I see the Mossy oak Long beard elite vest, the only place I can order it is through an online,3rd party and it is $156.00 then shipping and import fees,looks like price would be around $250.00, I like what I see in that vest but hard to determine,not a lot of reviews on it, or much to read about it. I do like those types of vests. I also can buy the MOSSY OAK OBSESSION TURKEY HUNTING VEST  for $107.00 to my door and It is a solid looking choice,looks like it would be cool in the heat.
I can see the clippers doing this but I only keep chalk, lens cleaners and that kind of stuff in those pockets. Now that you mention this I might make a little sheath for the point of my clippers to keep any issues from occurring.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Online Dazzler

Time for a new vest....
« Reply #200 on: January 19, 2022, 02:18:58 PM »
Amazon delivered the RNG 100 today. Not sure I like how it Is made to ride on my stomach. As usual this thing is built for a pro wrestler with about 5 miles of straps. Buckles are light duty and will be lucky to last a season.

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #201 on: January 19, 2022, 09:59:22 PM »
I ordered  the rng 100 other night and then canceled the order as I can't see me liking it, I have been looking at some ol tom vests the last few days, I have never tried one as I have never seen one in person or anywhere to buy one online until the other day. It wouldn't be cheap after shipping and import/taxes but I am thinking about buying it.

Offline Tail Feathers

• Limbhanger
« Reply #202 on: January 19, 2022, 11:00:37 PM »
Amazon delivered the RNG 100 today. Not sure I like how it Is made to ride on my stomach. As usual this thing is built for a pro wrestler with about 5 miles of straps. Buckles are light duty and will be lucky to last a season.
  I have enough stomach in my stomach that I don't need more stacked on top of it.   :D 
That really is the reason I won't try one.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #203 on: January 23, 2022, 02:06:47 PM »
I purchased myself an Alps Diamondback about 15 minutes ago off ebay, I have never seen them anywhere for sale before. It shows there are 8 left. If anybody is looking for that vest. I can't seem to get link to copy and paste but If you type in "Alps Diamondback" they will come up.

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #204 on: January 23, 2022, 03:56:39 PM »
I purchased myself an Alps Diamondback about 15 minutes ago off ebay, I have never seen them anywhere for sale before. It shows there are 8 left. If anybody is looking for that vest. I can't seem to get link to copy and paste but If you type in "Alps Diamondback" they will come up.
I ordered another one, If it's a good vest than I'll have a backup and if I don't like the fit, then I'll easily be able to sell these and re-coup my money for them up here.

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #205 on: January 23, 2022, 04:26:27 PM »
I have read some reviews on the Alps Diamondback and it seems vest fits smaller guys,I am not a small we guy, I went ahead and ordered some 1" woodland heavy duty strap webbing and a 8 pack of buckles. I will just have the lady that sews my other vests add more webbing to these if they need it. I really like the look of this vest and It's worth the purchase.

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #206 on: January 25, 2022, 10:59:50 AM »
I picked this up off ebay this morning, It's a Primos turkey lumbar pack and I also ordered a Super Elite 4.0 in bottomland that will be here later in week.

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #207 on: January 25, 2022, 11:27:41 AM »
I was going through and organizing some hunting totes the other day and I came across this, I forgot all about buying this and using it. I believe I used it on about 4-5 hunts a dozen years or longer ago. How many of you used this, or even remember it?

Offline Tail Feathers

• Limbhanger
« Reply #208 on: January 25, 2022, 01:33:31 PM »
I was going through and organizing some hunting totes the other day and I came across this, I forgot all about buying this and using it. I believe I used it on about 4-5 hunts a dozen years or longer ago. How many of you used this, or even remember it?
  I believe that's the Freaky Seat.  It's a sling style carry?  I had one, I think I gave it away after not using it.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #209 on: January 25, 2022, 01:50:26 PM »
Yes, It's a murse and I can't remember the name of it, I can remember using it because It froze rain and was extremely windy on an all day hunt i was on when I first bought it and I was stuck carrying or lugging it around.I even googled and can't seem to find the name of it.

I think I am going to gift it to my good friends daughter,she is 8 and I believe I am going to end up giving her brother who's 10 one of the alps diamondback vests and the other one to my other buddy's young lad who is 11. Both buddies are brothers, so the kids are cousins and love hunting. I don't want to give one a gift and not the others, the one young lad is going to be one outstanding hunter, It's incredible to see him at his age in the woods.

We grew up together as our fathers have been best friends since they were in grade school and we started the same way 30 years ago. We just didn't have the equipment or clothing that is around today.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 02:14:29 PM by The Heartbreak Kid....... »