OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Time for a new vest....  (Read 43678 times)

Offline Dazzler

Re: Time for a new vest....
« Reply #165 on: April 12, 2019, 10:32:45 AM »
Since the LL bean vest has been mentioned, thought I’d link this to anyone near Gallatin TN.

Hope it’s the same vest referenced in this thread.

Two Turkey Vests
 https://nashville.craigslist.org/spo/d/gallatin-two-turkey-vests/6859898260.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #166 on: March 06, 2020, 02:30:10 PM »
After using the rng for the last 2 seasons and having to have it repaired after both the stitching near the box call lets go and I had it stitched up I have been looking at buying either another super elite 4.0 or a Cabelas tactical 2. I really have not seen anything new that I would say is an upgrade and I can only seem to get the rng 200 in bottomland up here as of now.

I am just waiting for the bottomland super elite 4.0 to come back in stock,or the Cabelas tactical 2 to go on sale like the last few years and I see it has a new camo.

I still rank the rng 300 right up there as a great vest but it does not seem to hold up like my lil bean vest which I still may use this year.

I have dabbled with sling packs and backpacks but definitely prefer using a vest and I it is time for a new one for this year.

Anybody have any news on anything new in the turkey vest world?

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #167 on: March 07, 2020, 10:08:26 AM »
I know I already had a gobbler vest 2 from Primos but It was like a blanket in sizing.I seen a flash sale this morning on a m/l in green leaf on amazon and I already had a gift card from them so I went ahead and ordered it.I am hoping that It fits a lot better and I am also gambling that It will keep me cooler as the season goes on than the super elite 4.0 would as I found it very warm and not as breathable as I like.If It does not fit well and hold the calls I will just send it back.

I will have the new vest to test out Monday or Tuesday.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #168 on: March 12, 2020, 02:38:10 PM »
I received the m/l gobbler 2 today,I loaded it up and then took everything out and shipped it back.The fit is almost perfect compared to the xl/xxl I had but it just isnt what I like.It looks like I am going back to my ll bean for this year unless the  Cabela's tactical tater 2 goes on sale as the Super elite 4.0 jumped 60 dollars on amazon and It isn't that nice in any camo.

I have about given up trying to find anything better than the ll bean and rng 300,though I did think the tactical tater 2 was well built and Id give it a 2nd chance.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #169 on: March 16, 2020, 07:16:05 AM »
I am going to try a Glenda Green satchel for the start of the season as I placed an order for an original bottomland,I own a primos sling/shoulder bag and used it for half a season back in 2011 and liked it,I loaded it up this weekend to try again and then watched a video on the gg satchel,I realized it is bigger than what I thought and will fit what I need,the only thing I don't like is not having somewhere to put an extra layer if it gets hot,or maybe add a layer in early season because It is known to snow and temperature turn cold.

If I don't like it in the field,It will hold my calls and extras at home at least.It looks well built and I like that you can keep it fully enclosed so no rain gets in,as with the primos it gets wet,as I got stuck out in a few freezing rain downpours the year I used it.

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #170 on: April 08, 2020, 05:21:26 PM »
I have been using the Mossy Oak Longbeard Elite this year and I have been very satisfied.

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #171 on: April 08, 2020, 05:26:36 PM »
Love my new Badlands vest. I have had them all, this is my best....
“Solo hunter”

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #172 on: April 08, 2020, 06:49:49 PM »
l'll be running my ll bean vest this season as it did not pan out for a new vest or a satchel for this year and I really don't see much that makes me want to keep looking.I did try and order a few different ones but the companies do not ship to Canada,so they can kiss my backside.

Offline kytrkyhntr

« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2020, 06:00:42 PM »
I’d like to see that LLBean vest
don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story

Offline rgref522

« Reply #174 on: June 07, 2020, 04:07:12 PM »
I love my grand slam highly recommend it,  i actually have 2, might part with one if you're interested. message me

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline redleg06

• Longbeard
« Reply #175 on: June 08, 2020, 09:24:16 AM »

Lawd help us if you ever decide to buy a house or car... :popcorn:

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #176 on: March 19, 2021, 09:44:22 PM »
I’d like to see that LLBean vest

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #177 on: March 19, 2021, 09:48:03 PM »
I tested out an alps grandslam tonight I bought, back it goes.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #178 on: March 20, 2021, 07:28:02 PM »
I just purchased the Badlands turkey vest from amazon,says expected delivery is tomorrow. I am excited to test it out and see if It is a keeper.

Offline Dazzler

« Reply #179 on: April 02, 2021, 08:24:10 PM »
I just purchased the Badlands turkey vest from amazon,says expected delivery is tomorrow. I am excited to test it out and see if It is a keeper.
Was it a keeper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk