turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Time for a new vest....

Started by RED NECK, March 24, 2018, 06:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

Have any of you used this ALPS Outdoorz NWTF Long Spur Hunting Vest, and if so can you add the alps bino harness to it?I am starting to waiver to either this vest or the run n gun 300, I like both designs and like both.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

land cruiser

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on March 25, 2018, 08:45:24 AM
The R n' G 300 looks like a great vest,I just checked out another video.How big and spacious are the pockets in the front behind the pot call holders and the on the right side? are they big enough for a pair of 8x25 permafocus binos?
You should not have any problems with mid size binos. I will try to find their pocket layout booklet later today and will post a picture

RED NECK

Thanks.I am going to pattern a few of my guns and should be back in a few hours to review more vests.

land cruiser

Hopefully the print is visible, let me know otherwise

RED NECK

Thanks.I sent knight & hale an email.I am very intrigued by this vest.I still am not sure if the chest pockets are going to be big enough to carry my binos.If they are,then it is leading the way as of now.I will be ordering sometime later this week.I am just going to read a bit more on them and watch any videos as well.

RED NECK

the alps long spur looks like an excellent hybrid as well...I watched some videos and seen that it will definitely hold the items that i am leery of with the other vests.I don't think i can make a bad choice with either of them.I do like the versatility of the alps though.

RED NECK

After going back and forth with a handful of great choices,I placed my order for the Cabela's tactical tat'r 2 vest tonight,I couldn't pass the sale price up and the reviews on it are excellent.Lots of pockets and a nice thick cushion.

kjnengr

I think you'll be happy with the tactical tat'r II. One of the best features of this vest is the speed seat. No more twisting around to try and clip it up in place. Just flip it and go.

RED NECK

The vest arrived today,I just filled it up and I can say that I hate it,I will be sending it back.I should have known better.I don't think I can find a vest i like as much as the one i purchased from LL bean.It does not hold my equipment comfortable at all,It is well built just not for me.

Sixes

I've used the new Tenzing TV18 this season and it is the best vest that I have found. Take a look at one of them, it might be what you are looking for. This year, I have ordered and sent back a Nomad, Alps,  Primos rocker and Primos Gen 2 and then tried the Tenzing and it is what i have been wanting. For the last several years, I used the Tatr 2 with and without the kickstand. I like it, but it was hot for GA hunting.

The Tenzing is built with a lot of strong mesh and is very lightweight but made very well. One fairly big pocket on each side and multiple smaller pockets inside and out on both sides. 2 pot call holders and one box call holder. Shell and striker holders and water bottle pockets on both sides.

The only downside was the cushion, it is thick but not as sturdy as the Tatr cushion. I'm heavy and like  bigger thick cushion, so now I just carry my Hunt Comfort Fatboy seat in the back pack of the vest.

I think I paid 70 dollars plus tax from Amazon for the Obsession model but it took several weeks to get it from being backordered.

People aren't talking about the vest but I think that is only because they haven't tried one yet.

RED NECK

It seems i am on the hook for shipping costs back to the company.I have no problem with that,I just know that I will purchase elsewhere next time.The vest search will have to hold for next year unless I decide to order the long spur from amazon to try out.Honestly,there is nothing I like about the tactical 2 vest,I think it is horrible for myself.Thanks for all the tips and info on the different vests,like they say, it really is personal preference and I knew better,oh well.Fun to test new items out.

RED NECK

Today,I am leaving for a 4 hour trip to the closest bass pro.I hope they have some vests i can try on to see if I want another.I think I may keep the tactical and give it as a gift next christmas.lol.Tags are still on it and someone will love it.

ezmorningrebel

I just returned a tatr2 as well.  Good quality just didn't like the layout. 

Haymarket

I just upgraded my 15 or 20year old Redhead vest to a Tatr2. That is a really good vest...puts everything in easy reach. The one thing is that many vests out now lack the big pockets for extra things like a Long Box....the Tatr2 has enough easy access pockets that are big enough....and a great seat.

strutstopper

After 1 week in, I can say I think I'm going to like the Alps grand slam vest. My only complaint is that I wish the cushion was a little thicker.