Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Reading again-- THE OLD PRO TURKEY HUNTER.

Started by quavers59, March 24, 2018, 09:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfski

I would have to agree with some of the posters.   I have read literally hundreds of turkey hunting book, and the Nunnery book is my favorite.   

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Laloom83 on March 25, 2018, 08:51:37 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 25, 2018, 01:12:14 AM
Quote from: quavers59 on March 24, 2018, 10:13:08 AM
Jim Casadas site is a good place to get the  Nunnnery book. I only have 1 Tom Kelly book-- FACES IN THE CROWD.
Could I get a link to that site? Google search only shows a site that sells no books on turkey hunting.

http://jimcasadaoutdoors.com/books-new-old-rare/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Jim K

I read " the old pro turkey hunter" every year before season. Great book. Jim

Izzyjoe

It's a good book, I found one at a gunshow for $5 back in Jan. And I also have the tenth legion by Tom Kelly, he is also another wonderful author!

wislnwings

I finished Nunnery's book last night.  Great read.  This morning I started reading Mr. Casada's Rutledge book on turkey hunting - America's Greatest Game Bird, Archibald Rutledge's Turkey Hunting Tales.

quavers59

I really like how Gene Nunnery graphed his 53 Spring Turkey hunting years and his 10 year averages of Gobblers taken and the 5th line which has 13 years.     Now I start my 29th Spring Season this late April and I am just starting to average 5 Turkeys a year . So , I see I am on a similar path . That makes me feel good! Nunnery 248 Gobblers in 53 years is truly amazing!  I know he lived a good 10 years or so past when he published -+ The Old Pro so he might have surpassed 300 Gobblers! Again great book and I also have his 2nd one-- I WILL LIFT UP MINE EYES ONTO THE HILLS. 

tha bugman

The Old Pro Turkey Hunter is one of those books that once I start reading it, I can't put it down.  The copy that I have is my uncle's.  My aunt gave it to me after he passed away, so it is really special to me.

Drthorn

I received a copy Christmas Day. I had the whole book read by yesterday. Probably my favorite book thus far. 

Brad_Colvin

Every year January 1st I start reading the tenth legion, Turkey hunting a one man game,and the old pro Turkey hunter. Old pro is the best book ever written about Turkey hunting in my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

BMAC_Turkeys

I currently have 7 copies of (the old ed.) Old Pro in my collection.  I try top pick them up cheap and give them out as thank you's to my hunting friends etc when we go hunting.  A great book indeed.

tha bugman

My sister bought the newest edition of the book along with a CD of Mr. Gene talking about how to call turkeys.  As many times as I have heard him speak in my head through the words in the book, I have never actually heard him speak.  I have not listened to it yet.  I am waiting on one of those days when I am totally alone undisturbed and turkey season is around the corner.  As with a well aged scotch, I want to savor every drop.

LaLongbeard

Were can you buy the CD? I have an original first edition of the book never heard about the CD.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

LaLongbeard

If interested I have one of the Old Pro CDs in the classifieds
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Harty

Gene Nunnerys Old Pro Turkey Hunter is a great read. A purist and preaches fair chase throughout. Right up there with Tenth Legion IMHO.

jmart241

Ordered a copy today cant wait to read it. Thanks for all the info on here