OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ol yellar???

Started by Trevor2, April 19, 2011, 09:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor2

What happened tothe ol yellar calls knight and hale use to produce? The thread about easy to use friction calls got me thinking. The ol yellar was my very first call when I was in my early teens and very easy to use. I broke mine and haven't been able to find another one since and their y'all hammer don't even compare!
Strutstopper

West Augusta

I bought a spare a couple years ago at a mom & pop sporting goods store. It had gold plastic pot not the green plastic. It sounds better than the hammer. You can still find them if you look.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Trevor2

Thanks I'll have to do more searching. Mine had the black pot but my buddies has the green pot.
Strutstopper

West Augusta

Next time I get to Ohio I'll check to see if they still have any.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Bonjour

That is the same ceramic material that us call makers have started using. It was just made available last year because they let the patent run out on the material. The ceramic is a very easy surface to play and sounds great. It has become one of my favorite surfaces.

bowhunter84

i think i have one somewhere. i'll check and see

savduck

I have the old yella from K&H and the primos version sitting in a box at the house. Was actually thinking about dumping some of my old production calls.
Georgia Boy