turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Need help deciding between Stoeger 3500 or Weatherby 459 SA

Started by Hunter23, March 23, 2018, 06:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter23

I am trying to decide between a Stoeger 3500 with steady grip or Weatherby 459 SA. Only drawback is the Weatherby can't shoot 3 1/2.

reynolds243

Decide is if you want an inertia gun or gas. That's the big differences. Inertia is MUCH easier to clean but does have a tad more felt recoil. I'm a inertia guy and always have been so it's an easy decision for me :).

Personally I like the stoeger better. It's much easier to deep clean and break down in minutes and backed by Benelli and the chrome lined barrel is also nice to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gutsdozer

Quote from: Hunter23 on March 23, 2018, 06:51:34 PM
I am trying to decide between a Stoeger 3500 with steady grip or Weatherby 459 SA. Only drawback is the Weatherby can't shoot 3 1/2.

I own an SA-459 Turkey and can only speak for it. It is a fun to shoot turkey killing gun if you only want to shoot 3" shells. I bought a Hevi-13 choke tube on sale last year for $39.99 and put 185 in a 10" circle at 40 yards with Longbeard #6 last weekend. As far as cleaning it isn't bad. A complete breakdown might be a little tricky the first time you do it. The chrome plated bolt and chrome lined bore is nice also.

Hunter23

I have a Binelli sbe 3 right now so I like the inertia system but the 28 in barrel is a bit hard to swing around in certain siuations. I've heard both good things about each gun so it's becoming a tough decision.

birdman67

I have a Steoger M3500. A hevi shot choke and mag blends is hard to beat. I've taken my share of birds with it since I got it.
Loving God's Creation!

WNCTracker

dms2511

I own both, and can't say a bad thing about either. Really just comes down to if you want the 3 1/2" capability or not?

Mossy12GA

Mossberg shooter since 1968

HoosierHills

I'm at Stoeger guy all the way, have been since 2005. I shoot the M2000 for ducks and turkey and I am not easy on it, not even a little bit. Clean it twice a year, and haven't had any trouble with it. My buddy shoots a 3500 and loves it.
Foot on head.