OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: looking for a single shot 10 guage  (Read 1368 times)

Offline adkmountainken

looking for a single shot 10 guage
« on: March 19, 2018, 09:57:21 PM »
got an itch to buy a single shot 10 guage. had a H&R years ago and would like to find another but they seem to be sold out everywhere. hard to find a New England Arms 10 as well.  any ideas?

Offline Magdump

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
Re: looking for a single shot 10 guage
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 09:07:46 AM »
There are lots of them on Gunbroker, thats where I got mine a couple years ago when the 10 Gauge nostalgia bug bit me.  My dad had one when I was younger and I borrowed it for duck hunting a few times.  I developed a saying after using it.  "When you pull the trigger, something dies."  What a cannon!  That gun went away long ago and so I wanted to get another.

I use it for pass shooting geese while standing on my back lawn.   The H&R Model 176, 36" barrel.   I just checked Gunbroker, there is a Model 176 on there right now.

You know, I got some turkey loads for it, just to test it out, and HOLY COW do they kick!!!!!  And you don't get anything good for all the recoil either, at least from my gun, the pattern was NOT impressive!    Drops geese nicely though from way up.

Good luck in your search!

Offline maddog3355

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 10:46:12 PM »
I see then on gun broker some. I would think there would be a ton of them out there. Back when 12 guage was only 2 3/4 inch I had a Stevens pump that wouldn’t even scare one off!!  I went on a trading mission and walked into a gun shop and there sat a used H&R 10 guage 36 inch barrel!!!  I traded even up and was glad to get it. Like a lot of them it was a killer!!!  When the 12 guage 3 inch shells got real popular I traded it for a short barreled mouseberg 500.

Offline Mossy12GA

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 08:27:16 PM »
They got discontinued a few years ago, NEF and H&R, only choice is used, Good Luck.
Mossberg shooter since 1968

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 04:11:39 PM »
 I've wanted to get one for along time , I allready shoot a Remington sp10 , so I have plenty of goodies for it , man have the single barrels shot up in price lately there going for much more than they were before

I was also looking to get a spare sp10 , or if I could get a Ithaca mag 10 , the down side to the Ithaca is 99.9%of them.have fixed chokes , and the screw in choke ones are as rare as hens teeth , I've only ever seen 1 choke ever offered up , but I would sure like one anyways ....

For those who are into the Mossy Oak guns , the remington sp10 in bottomland can be picked up for 700 ball park

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon