turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Chaulk Question

Started by Crappiepro, February 11, 2011, 10:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crappiepro

Whats the best chaulk to use for calls? Is there a difference in box chaulk and pot call chaulk, or does a box favor a different chaulk than a pot call? Let me know what you guys think.

Basser69

Quote from: Crappiepro on February 11, 2011, 10:34:08 AM
Whats the best chaulk to use for calls? Is there a difference in box chaulk and pot call chaulk, or does a box favor a different chaulk than a pot call? Let me know what you guys think.

Chaulk on a pot call???  ???

Skeeterbait

I have had really good results with this stuff.

http://www.wingsupply.com/shop/Scripts/prodViewSKU.asp?SKU=PW9610

And I too have never heard of chalking a pot call.

shad309

Blue carpenters chalk- best stuff I've ever used and I've tried most every kind out there including railroad chalk.

only chalk i would use on a pot would be rain chalk on my striker...

Crappiepro

Ive always put alittle on a slate call I have, its seems to make it alittle more grabby and makes a smooth purr. Try it!

Fox Fire

Ya mite wanna try some vasaline as well ::)...not really.

Just dont use chalk made for a chalk board like the kind you had to write I WILL NOT DAY DREAM ABOUT TURKEY HUNT"N DURING CLASS ANYMORE a hundred times, it has oils in it that can screw your call up, carpenters chalk is fine, better yet just buy some they sell for turkey calls and take the guess work out of it.

Pot calls have to be SCUFFED LIGHTLY ONLY WITH SAND PAPER OR SCOTCH BRITE PAD.

Mag10

I ordered chaulk from a guy from Guntersvlle AL. but I lost his name with the BCO11 ( big crash of 2011),  he makes it just for turkey calls and I think it's the best.  I'm not shur about the pot calls, first I ever herd of this.... Marty

:z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:

redarrow

Quote from: CamoMan4025 on February 11, 2011, 10:45:46 AM
I bought some off a guy on the forum here, dangit I can't remember his name.  I would maybe ask the guys in the turkey call section here.

Kevin

Yea and I've never heard of chalk on a pot call, usually just sandpaper or scotchbrite on them to condition the surface.
I think it was Stumpy that was selling chalk. Whatever you use make sure it is oil free.

FLAhotdog

I got some rainchalk 3 years ago and I still have enough to last a few more probably.

letinmfly

Quote from: Mag10 on February 11, 2011, 01:22:36 PM
I ordered chaulk from a guy from Guntersvlle AL. but I lost his name with the BCO11 ( big crash of 2011),  he makes it just for turkey calls and I think it's the best.  I'm not shur about the pot calls, first I ever herd of this.... Marty

oatsj is the man you're looking for.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

jake slayer

Yes bought from oatsj last year & was a nice guy & a great deal :icon_thumright:

redarrow

Quote from: letinmfly on February 11, 2011, 09:40:15 PM
Quote from: Mag10 on February 11, 2011, 01:22:36 PM

oatsj is the man you're looking for.
Thats who I was thinking of.

TheTwistedOne

The Sidewalk chalk that Crayola makes! ;)

It's washable so it doesn't have any oils in it.  Different colors produce slightly different sound.  Experiment and pick one you like.

It's pretty inexpensive too.  $6 for a five pack.