OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Ready  (Read 2276 times)

BottomLand54

Ready
« on: March 18, 2018, 10:58:53 PM »
Guys this year I have spent more then ever on turkey hunting, I hope that we have the birds we had last year. I have better setups, calls, decoys, etc. I have spent more time with some very very good callers and they have trained me allot. I have spent more time shooting and patterning my guns then ever before and have built 3 more turkey guns. I have more box calls and pot calls then I could carry in 3 suit cases. I am narrowing down the calls I want to carry opening day and really concentrating getting familiar with them and learning them. I am going to start packing my vest and organizing everything in the next 2 weeks. Youth Season begins here in NC April the 7th and depending on Work I am going to take my little cousin that morning. I am off work the 14th-19th of April  and that’s all the time I have for the spring to take off other then a few morning hunts here and there. I am pumped up and Hope God keeps me healthy and Allows me to be successful.

How is things going your way?

This turkey hunting is an addiction lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ILHUNTER

Re: Ready
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 09:57:53 AM »
Yes it is very addicting.  Sounds like you have put your time in preparing for the hunt, now just have to have the birds cooperate for ya.
I'm more then ready also.  Got youth season starting on March 31 and April 1, then if needed also have the following weekend.  Our full season doesn't start until the 16th of April so hopefully youth season gets me primed for then.

Offline Hunter1979

Re: Ready
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 07:50:21 PM »
Haven't had a chance to narrow down the calls.  I think for sure my Halloran Walnut and Wenge slate.  That's brought them in pretty well. 
Bought some more turkey ammo.  Just put out my trail cams.  Won't check them until first weekend in April, so it will have 3 weeks with of pics.  Season starts in the 23rd.  Really looking forward to it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk