OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rem 11-87, 21 inch barrel, longbeard choke

Started by Buford, March 17, 2018, 03:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buford

Two shots at 40 yards with longbeards number five shot, longbeard carlson choke .568 dia., ff3 burris, and timney trigger. First shot put 109 in 10 inch circle at 40 yards. First shot was dirty barrel. Second shot put 110 in ten inch circle with a clean barrel at forty yards. The second shot put 140 in the 15 inch circle. The ten inch was very even pattern. Both shots put 10 or 12 shots in a 2 inch dead center circle. Don't have any longbeard number 6 shot to try. And did not try anything at fifteen or twenty yards. The trigger is very light but I think Iam going to really like it. Will buy some cheap shells to get better aquianted with the trigger.      Bufford

Brwndg

"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend

Buford

Can not find longbeard number six shot anywhere. Only number five. Same with federal grand slams. Winchester and federal do this every year. Very poor planning on there part. Been to all the big stores and they act as if they never heard of such a thing!!!      Buford

Brwndg

Cabelas website has them $19.99/box
Mack's Prairie Wing website $15.99/ box
"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend

albrubacker

The #5's sound like a great hunting pattern!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott