OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Are Turkey found near the same place in the spring as in the fall?  (Read 4483 times)

Offline Ozark Ridge Runner

Re: Are Turkey found near the same place in the spring as in the fall?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2018, 06:10:28 PM »
It all depends on where you are.  I have a friends ranch in South Dakota that I coyote hunt in the winter.  Two years ago there was two groups of longboards less that 1/4 mile apart that had 48 in one bunch and over 60 in the other bunch.  There was not a hen on the place.  I drew a tag to hunt that area and there was ONE longboard and a half dozen hens there in May.  The rest had dispersed out onto the prairie.   Most of them relocated 8 to 10 miles from where they spent the winter.  FOOD FOOD FOOD. 

Offline BTH

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Proverbs 3:5-6. I like the snood!
Re: Are Turkey found near the same place in the spring as in the fall?
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2018, 03:40:23 PM »
I have seen here in NC it depends on food sources and acreage with favored habitat. Seems like they like ridges and hardwood slopes in fall and winter. Then open areas and plots adjacent to bottoms in the spring. I feel like the creek and river bottoms are major travel areas for Toms in the spring. Just like bucks in the rut. Scout, scout scout!
Phil 4:13