Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Who is up first?

Started by jarbo03, February 27, 2018, 09:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarbo03

April 9th I believe for archery, in April 18th for shotgun here in Kansas.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

spurman

Quote from: jarbo03 on February 27, 2018, 09:00:23 AM
April 9th I believe for archery, in April 18th for shotgun here in Kansas.

March 24 is my first chance. It's a draw hunt so want know if I get to hunt until the last minute.

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Gobble!

On the bench until April 18th.

jarbo03

I bought a bow in the offseason. Thought about possibly getting it to get ready for deer, but being able to hunt a week earlier in the turkey season was my main objective. Need to get out over the next month and see if I can get dialed in with it.

Gobble!

Quote from: jarbo03 on February 27, 2018, 12:03:14 PM
I bought a bow in the offseason. Thought about possibly cheating it to get ready for deer, but being able to hunt a week earlier in the turkey season was my main objective. Need to get out over the next month and see if I can get dialed in with it.

I've never hunted one with a bow but if I hunted a state where bow came in early I'd definitely give it a try.

Happy

Not starting till mid April. The boy will get a head start with youth days. The beauty of it this year is I have 3000 new acres to hunt in Md. Supposedly only a couple fellows turkey hunt it. And it is separated from my 65,000 acre West Virginia chunk by the Potomac river which is only 20' wide at this point. I can be on my Md chunk 5 minutes after leaving the Wv property.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Smooth_Operator

March 20th here in SC...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

West Augusta

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

BigGobbler

Starting off the season good Saturday called this one in and let josh shoot it. And today he shoots a sow with piglets that charged us had no choice but to shoot her piglets were about 30# so the they will be ok on there own plus there is other sows with little one in the area that will take care of them
https://flic.kr/p/H9gRH9

jarbo03

So good. My buddy's get some like that in Louisiana, makes great sausage and brats.