OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Burris FF3 Trouble

Started by Bottomland, March 14, 2018, 08:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bottomland

Anyone have any trouble when messing with the battery and trying to get the cap to screw back down.  Keeps getting cross threaded.  I think I have it but not sure.  Last time I shot it knocked it out of the sight.

JHoyle

Yep and if u aren't careful u will strip it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

batsonbe

Spent hours trying to get it back on. Literally got so pissed at it last time and pushed the cap down flat and just screwed it in

goblr77

Yep. It's a pain in the tail. I ruined a fast fire 3 a few years ago by stripping the threads on the cap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cuppednlocked

Bought a used FF3 online and the battery cap was stripped to where it wouldn't tighten down.  A quick email to Burris CS and I had a new battery cap.  Get in touch with them and you'll be good to go.

paboxcall

Quote from: cuppednlocked on March 15, 2018, 12:12:03 PM
Bought a used FF3 online and the battery cap was stripped to where it wouldn't tighten down.  A quick email to Burris CS and I had a new battery cap.  Get in touch with them and you'll be good to go.

This - I had a FFIII for my Ruger ranch rifle, and had an issue with it staying powered on. They replaced it no questions. Awesome, top notch customer  service.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

PharmHunter

Call Burris if you strip it.  They will send you another immediately with no questions ask.  Great warranty.

Pro Tip: After replacing the battery, put the cap on, give it a slight turn toward Loose to *line it up then tighten.  A buddy taught me this after I stripped one ;).

chatterbox

Quote from: PharmHunter on March 15, 2018, 01:14:21 PM
Call Burris if you strip it.  They will send you another immediately with no questions ask.  Great warranty.

Pro Tip: After replacing the battery, put the cap on, give it a slight turn toward Loose to *line it up then tighten.  A buddy taught me this after I stripped one ;).
This^^^^^^^

Canadian gobbler

I had my battery cap and battery go flying on the first 3 1/2 i shot , lucky I found the cap , put a new battery in as I carried a spare
Second 3 1/2 and the cap came flying off again ,

This time I took the piece of rubber off the inside of the cap , added blue loctite and screwed that sucker down tight ,
It was brand spankng new and should never of been like that , called Burris today and they were good , new cap in the mail to me today

I will have it as a spare , never did it all day with skeet loads while sighting in , jumped to 3 1/2 and it popped twice
Went back to some 3 inch loads and it was fine again , I'll see if this blue loctite holds it in for the season.

ccleroy

This isn't that hard, put the cap down, twist counter clockwise 1 turn to get the threads lined up and THEN turn clockwise to tighten.....I have 4 FF3's and a venom....never had an issue!

FL-Boss

I got a new FF3 today and notice this same problem. I have 2 others FF3 and never had an issue until I got this one today.  It's real scary because those cap threads can strip so easily.

Anyway.. my solution was to use a different battery. I have a bunch of Duracell spares I keep in my truck/vest. I trashed the factory battery and tried one of my Duracell.... cap screwed on first try with zero issue.

Those factory provided batteries seem to be the issue... take note Burris if you are reading this.

Ross R

Thanks,  I am hoping to order one in a few days.  I am pretty good at stripping screws  :toothy9: