turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pure Gold Tempest

Started by Fastcat, April 19, 2011, 12:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fastcat

Has anyone tried the pure gold tempest in a Mossberg 835? 

goblr77

I don't know of many folks shooting this choke or Federal FCW's in 12 gauges altogether. However, the regular PG .670 in the 835 will smoke with Hevi 2.25oz 7's from what I've seen.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: goblr77 on April 19, 2011, 03:37:56 PM
I don't know of many folks shooting this choke or Federal FCW's in 12 gauges altogether. However, the regular PG .670 in the 835 will smoke with Hevi 2.25oz 7's from what I've seen.

You got that right.   :z-guntootsmiley:

Fastcat

My pure gold is on the way for my "new to me 835."  The original one.  And I am pumped!  I'm looking in the antique ice box I use for ammo and I'm seeing a pile of lead turkey loads; from guns and seasons past. Has anyone tryed this choke with lead loads?

Progunner

Hello Fastcat !!

Congrats on your new gun and Pure Gold choke. It will work great with the old lead loads. Of course, those loads are not as good as the new HTL loads, but I and many others, have killed piles of turkeys with lead loads. Just be sure to check your pattern before you hunt, and I'm confident with lead shells, you will have a killing pattern at reasonable ranges. Winchester lead shells have always performed better in lead, in the past years, but the newer Federal lead shells are exceptional compared to the old shells of any brand. The new Tempest chokes make the Federal shel;ls perform almost as good as the HTL loads ! Good luck, and don't hesitate to call if we can help !!

thanks again,
Bill Davis

Fastcat

Thanks for the input everybody!