OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington Shurshot stock and forarm

Started by Crappiepro, April 19, 2011, 12:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crappiepro

I've been thinkin about putting one on my 870, my buddy has one and it feels great to shouder but it seems like I can't get down behind the bead to aim. Is this me or does the stock just put you in that position like your over the bead. My buddy loves his and says he doesn't notice the problem. Is it me or what? Thanks Crappiepro

bowhunter84

i have the sure shot on my 1187SM. i dont have that problem but mine has the rifle sights on it that stand up a little higher than a bead does.

Rob Robertson

I have the Sureshot stock on My 870.  Yes the comb is higher.  More like a rifle.  I Love it.  I set my speed bead up  higher.

Crappiepro

His is gun was not factory installed and my gun has the same vent rib and bead type barrel as his, So if I get the stock combo, I'll need to put a taller site system on the gun.Will the rise be enough to get an eye alignment with a scope?

TauntoHawk

Put one on my 870 and it feels like a new gun, feels so much better. It does make you line up a little higher but that was a plus for me because I mounted a burris fast fire and the sight line is perfect
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BigPeck215

the sure shot can be used with the bead but it is not as comfortable as one would like it too be but it works great with rifle sights and scopes

cannonball

Quote from: BigPeck215 on April 19, 2011, 02:52:03 PM
the sure shot can be used with the bead but it is not as comfortable as one would like it too be but it works great with rifle sights and scopes
:agreed: I put on on my 870 and it helped since I have a Mueller sight on it.

lohaus

I noticed that when I put mine on.  I bought the Williams Fire Sights and it took care of the problem.  I feel like with the Sure Shock stock I can hold it all day. . .at least more then the old stock.

bunk

I wanted one but felt I to could not get down on the bead with it so I went with the knoxx and I love it. If you where wanting rifle sights or optics the sure shot would be perfect.