OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Jebs chokes  (Read 3887 times)

Offline Razorback22

Jebs chokes
« on: March 12, 2018, 11:30:45 PM »
Was curious if anyone had any luck with Jebs Head Hunter out of an 835. I purchased a .660 head hunter today and had high hopes...unfortunately it did not do any better than the factory. I tried #6 longbeards, #7 Hevi Shot and magnum blends. Maybe I need to try the .650? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know Jeb chokes are 2nd to none maybe I have the wrong constriction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline knightrider

• The Boss Gobbler
  • east tennessee
Re: Jebs chokes
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 11:09:23 AM »
with those shells a 670 is where it at in mine

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 08:44:48 AM »
I would go bigger.  I know Jimmy has had luck with some of them and small choke but the 660 work i think going to 675 range may help.   :anim_25:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline turkey harvester

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 02:42:46 PM »
I shoot a .660 out of my mossberg and live it. I'm shooting 3 1/2" # 5 longbeards with great results.
This shot was a little past talkin limits, but I'm very pleased.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
 Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Offline Rufus

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 07:57:59 PM »
I cannot help you concerning the Jebs choke but if you are considering any other chokes I have a recommendation.  I have tried several chokes in my 835 (Star Dot, Primos, etc) the best pattern was with a Carlson vented choke. I was impressed with how well it shot #6 and #7 both Winchester and Federal ammo.

Offline bbcoach

• Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 10:48:43 AM »
Most 835's LOVE chokes in the .670-.680 range with ALL loads.  Anything under .670 and the pattern will be blown and above .680 the pattern begins to expand.  The guys on this site have done their homework with the Hevi-7s and Longbeard 6's and the .670 Pure Gold, .675 Indian Creek, .675 Sumtoy, .676 SSX and .676 Stardot are Winners.  I shoot the Pure Gold with Hevi 7's and she puts over 300 in 10 at 40.  Check out the Mossberg Pattern posts and you will see some of the results with PICS.  Good Luck.