turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 Primos Maximum Jellyhead 3"TSS #9

Started by tha bugman, March 12, 2018, 11:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

40 yards, using the stock sights that come on the gun.  POI at 20 yards was consistently high of POA about 10-12"

mightyjoeyoung

Actually a decent,  even pattern, if not sparse for TSS 9s. Might have found a load the max actually patterns.  Tried those things in 3 dif guns HOPING they were the same as the originals,  but not even close.  Shouldnt have messed with a good thing.  Shooting that high could be the choke too to some extent.   Are the sighta adjustable?
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

tha bugman

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on March 12, 2018, 12:01:37 PM
Actually a decent,  even pattern, if not sparse for TSS 9s. Might have found a load the max actually patterns.  Tried those things in 3 dif guns HOPING they were the same as the originals,  but not even close.  Shouldnt have messed with a good thing.  Shooting that high could be the choke too to some extent.   Are the sighta adjustable?
No they are the standard sights that came on them, but I am going to get some tonight that I am going to replace them with that are adjustable.  I tried the turkey choke that came with it, the original jellyhead, and the jellyhead Maximum.  all of which shot the exact POI at 20 yards.  Windage looked awesome!

kellyguinn

I have been using a Jelly Head on my mossberg 835 for quite a while. Before that I had one on my 870. Both through great patterns. It has even gotten better with the use of the longbeards