Browning bps. 410

Started by M22, March 11, 2018, 10:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M22

Anyone shooting bps 410.  Choke an shot size recomendations

M22

Nobody shoots browning bps 410. ?

DocHolliday

Guess not. I have the 28. Don't turkey hunt with it. Hell on rabbits and squirrels though! Good luck!

M22

Thanks Doc guess I'll have to change to 28. Was looking for turkey choke for TSS #9 .talked to William a month or so  about choke to Shot 6 or 7 1/2   the factor full choke mics .396  doesn't do that great of job on the course shot. Needs more constriction can't seem to find anyone that shoots 6 or 7 1/2 on squirrels or shoots custom chokes with more constriction  . now I can't find nobody that shoots TSS 9. In bps 410 or choke Constrictions. Well guess I made bad choice on this gun. I'll have to get the model 37 Or the model 42 back out of retirement I Know what they will do. Thanks

SumToy

I dont know of but two that have them that turkey hunt.  I think the money for them may hurt.  most the 410 guys buy the 100 to 150 guns.   Now we have found that the short guns work better but did find out that Hal had a new load that is working well with the long guns.  Just got to test little more and this time of year is hard for me to test. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

M22

Thanks William for the reply   I'll be calling .you somehow always make it work or shoot  :happy0064:

gobblergls

I think  one of the issues with the BPS .410 is weight.  I hefted a buddy's once and was taken back with its weight.  According to one source, it's a 7 lb. gun.  Why shoot a .410 that carries like a light twelve or heavy 20?  Gil

M22

7 lbs it. Is.weight never was a factor with me .just thought more people would have hunted with these guns . probably do but not for squirrels and turkeys. Well I am and will find some one to make some chokes  an start from there. Just a nother challenge. Not my first an pray to god not my last.