OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: My Daughters quest for her Grand Slam is complete  (Read 2912 times)

Offline 3seasons

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
My Daughters quest for her Grand Slam is complete
« on: March 10, 2018, 11:29:43 PM »
Georgia finished her final leg of her Gand Slam this morning in Florida. I was a wild morning. We had 7 birds gobbling on the roost but they were deep in the woods on another property and went the other way when they hit the ground.  We moved to another property and got on 2 more strutters and some Jakes but they didn't like the decoys at all. So we  went to another 2000 acre track and got on a strutter and 20hens. We left him after a while of trying to compete with way to many hens and while  waking down a lane on the edge of a one year old cutover we called and thought we heard a gobble way off.  Shawn made a call just before waking around a bend in the road and then just dropped everything and told Georgia to get ready. There was two gobblers strutting coming to his call but they were silent and he caught a glimpse of ones fan through the briars.  He told Georgia to get innclose and when he laid down kill him.  Me and my Dad hit the bushes then Shawn and Georgia started crawling to the bend, he had a fan, and he just hits the dirt and the bird is literally 8ft away and bowed up coming at them.   She rolls him and he wobbled around and she finished him off with another shot.  Waaaayyyy to close lol.
The Good Lord really blessed us with a great hunt. Sorry I don’t have any pics with the gobbler tote. I acdienty left it at the house but hopeful she’ll get to use it Monday back in Mississippi
9.5” beard
1.25” hooks
20lbs

Offline Laloom83

Re: My Daughters quest for her Grand Slam is complete
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 11:41:47 PM »
 Wow congratulations to you and your daughter! What a great story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 01:20:03 AM »
Congratulations to your daughter. Great performance under an incredibly tight situation. The tote will not be denied. Go get 'em.   :newmascot:

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 01:12:04 PM by FullChoke »

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline harleytom

• The Boss Gobbler
    • Tinypic
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 01:59:38 PM »
Great story and memory. Congrats to you both.

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 09:10:50 PM »
congrats to you guys!

Offline cramerhunts

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 03:19:21 PM »
It just doesn't get any better than that right there. Big congratulations. I know how you felt as I experienced the same when my daughter completed hers.

Offline paintbrush

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 02:31:33 PM »
Give the young lady a hardy congratulations from me!